Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100

Had a flight out of C gates today with time to burn and discovered I could stay behind security and take the tram to the UC at D gates. Checked the United app for UC location and headed over to D. Got there and there's a banner outside the elevator stating the club is temporarily closed. Would be nice if that was reflected in the app.... so I was back on the tram to the C dungeon where I had to actually pay for the plonk.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I was there a couple of weeks ago and 1/2 of the club was closed for refurbishment. I was told that in order to put in the new hot food offerings and tables with power they need to bring more power into the club. I predict that's what is being worked on nw. I guess they're now moving onto the other half of the club - the part with the bar.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:41 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

For those keeping score, the club is open again. The tables all have power ports, but none worked when I tried. The ones along the glass wall did, however. Other than the tables, everything looks identical here .
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC

Which lounge option is preferred by UA FT participants in Las Vegas. Terminal 1 The Club (Access provided by Priority Pass) or the UA lounge. Any verbatim that you can provide as well?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Neither, FT participants prefer the Centurion Lounge.

But to choose between the 2 you pose: no different IMhO: they are equally removed from UA's gates and both equally underwhelming.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There are 2 "The Club at LAS"'s - one in terminal 3 (Concourse E), and the other in Concourse D (which is neither Terminal 1 nor terminal 3, but can be accessed from both by train).

The one in Concourse D is not worth even considering. It's small, with poor food selection, and just generally worth avoiding. The UC is definitely a better choice.

The one in Concourse E is.. umm.. 'variable". It's definitely better than the one in D, but exactly how much better depends on the time of day. Like many of "The Club at" locations, they vary their food selection depending on which of their contract airlines are departing at the time. If you get there before one of the bigger airlines flights departs (eg, Lufthansa) then they have a fairly good spread of food. Get there outside of those hours, and it's far more basic. They do also have a shower, but having used it once, I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you really need one...

It is out of the way (gate E2) so it's a bit of a walk to get to. In general I only bother going to the E2 Club if I've got time to kill, otherwise the United Club is much closer to the gates United uses (although still a little way away), and just as good an option - plus the staff there are generally excellent!
8MiHi and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Neither, FT participants prefer the Centurion Lounge.

But to choose between the 2 you pose: no different IMhO: they are equally removed from UA's gates and both equally underwhelming.
I like the views from the UC. The staff have always been very friendly there. After I bemoaned the lack of USA Today (and the crossword puzzle) on entry last month, I was having a bite to eat when the receptionist brought me some crossword puzzles. She had taken it upon herself to find some online and printed them out for me. I felt like a GS for a day!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
About the last thing I care about in a Las Vegas airport club is food - as I'm pretty much in detox mode and ready to drop a few lbs after the trip.

The UC is mostly empty - quiet - I'm often surprised they even have a club at LAS with so few people attending.......
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
...The UC is mostly empty - quiet - I'm often surprised they even have a club at LAS with so few people attending.......
LV is 3rd largest convention city after Chicago and Orlando. I think that was main motivation by CO at the time. Can get real crowded at/towards end of larger conventions, but most of the time it is blissfully uncrowded.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
LV is 3rd largest convention city after Chicago and Orlando. I think that was main motivation by CO at the time. Can get real crowded at/towards end of larger conventions, but most of the time it is blissfully uncrowded.
Was there two weekends ago on a Saturday PM, have no Centurion card and had some time to kill so I walked all of the terminals and found one of the 2 rotunda's of the A concourse deserted except for a cleaning crew. Had all the wonderful strip views from there for myself. Appreciated the Electronic Dance Music that was blasting throughout the airport as well.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've often been surprised that UA doesn't fly to LAS from anywhere except their hubs. Surely they could compete on some routes. It would be a better Focus City than CLE!

I find the food offering at the LAS Club to be minimal but it's fine overall with big windows allowing a lot of natural light.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
The LAS United Club has rice krispy treats (dunno about The Club).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atword
...I find the food offering at the LAS Club to be minimal...
6 months ago (or more?), Las Vegas was one of the locations presenting new club food offerings. Was there once for "loaded hash browns". Unfortunately, the equipment required too many amps and the breakers kept going, They spent a couple of months updating the electrical system and then … nothing - the new food testings never returned.

Interesting comment above about the bar. It doesn't draw many imbibers - I do think the LAS UC is step one in the recovery program for LV visitors.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
I'd vote for the club because if its like the one in SJC they have more free alcoholic beverage options than the UC.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
The Club is small, dark, offers no views and doesn’t have a restroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.