Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
No cocktails? In LAS it seems like you can get cocktails in the TSA Precheck line, for crying out loud, so how on earth did the Centurion Lounge not have them?
It is a blanket policy for all the Amex Centurion lounges: they only offer mimosas, bloody marys, wine and beer prior to 10:30 AM.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by CMK10
Great food for a UC too.
Also stopped here over the weekend in the afternoon. I recall chips/salsa, soup, pork sliders, soft tacos, and some sort of pasta. Not bad offerings.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Centurion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35026631-post49.html The best food by far but no cocktails. Nice space and empty too
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
No cocktails? In LAS it seems like you can get cocktails in the TSA Precheck line, for crying out loud, so how on earth did the Centurion Lounge not have them?
Apparently they don't serve cocktails until 10:30 am, according to website. I stopped there as well that afternoon, and pretty sure I saw them serving cocktails then. The food is better at the AmEx lounge, but I like the space at the UC better. Both were less than half full.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update: UA Club LAS APR 2023

As to inform the community,
This is the situation at the United Club at Las Vegas airport at April 2023.

We were there between the shift from breakfast to lunch so i can show you the difference in offerings ....
Entrance was via Lufthansa's LH SEN card as *G,
All easy just a scan of boarding pass no need to show physical card.

To start with,
You need to take the elevator to go from the concourse up one floor to reach the club.

Elevator from concourse to club .....
there are stairs but i was unsure if using those would trigger a security breach of reaching a restricted area .....

Exiting the elevator you will see the entrance to the club

After the club's reception, you'll see the big room with nice windows letting in light
and chairs in rows or next to the window, there is a seperate style seating area close to the bar on the left ......

And now to the F&B during breakfast ......

Cereals & Milk in the uncooled jugs to the left

The bar area has a mobile toastière and bread display

Already devoured : guess the middle section had waffles or bacon or sausages ?

Bit picked over as we ended breakfast and switched to lunch but you get the jist

Oatmeal

Breakfast display 1
Add on for oatmeal

Part of breakfast display

The rest of breakfast display

High counter top seating with natural light
With enough power outlets
Couln't snap a photo of the rest of the seating but it was mostly cafeteria style with a mix of joyous and grumpy lot of people occupying seats

With views of the apron

The bar is staffed : could not find any price list on public display whatsoever .....

Lunch
And we know switch to the lunch event,
This occurred slightly after the bells struck 12 at noon,
A mad dash occured but fortunately you can see the photos of food without toothmarks

Warm lunch set up

Replenished add on for the warm lunch

Healthier options

Part of the lunch presentation

And another warm option of soup

Cream of champignon and brie ,
Be careful if wearing something white ....

Sandwiches

And what's always available at any time are

An Illy coffee machine
If you wish something else :
multiple Starbucks with megadoublefraplelatespecialskimmyskinnyventi fantasy creations are located in the concourse ......

Water dispenser:
TV behind it showed a mosaic of mute channels,
ranging from north to south / left to right / weather & food related views and interests

And fruitstand , i believe they were out of bananas that day

And this concludes my pictorial of the UA Club at Las Vegas airport.
Interesting that Lufthansa will receive 2x $35 bill from United,
for us accessing the UA Club as *G via LH SEN card.

Was it worth it ?
Good to satisfy the curiosity, staff was friendly,
there was space to have a seat with natural light without the onslaught of flashers / bells and slotmachine temptations

Hope this is useful for everyone's future visit

PS: if any one asks or is curious,
besides an intense hatred for AMEX,
- i'm ineligable for AMEX plat / centurion-
(after being hassled to sign up for AMEX at FTU and being denied basic green afterwards)
- i refuse to pay for priority pass : i prefer my luck with %chance of winning entry with slots instead of lounges-
so the UA Club was my only option
Dublin_rfk and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 23, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
05/21/23: UC LAS: AM

Hot items with a replenish:

Bagels+:

Cereals+:

Cold+:

Sat at the high top window counter and enjoyed a makeshift breakfast that included some leftover (reheated in the toaster) garlic naan from the prior day's meals:

David
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Trifecta

I was in LAS in April and on the way back, visited the Club LAS, UC and the Centurion lounge. Hit the UC first and was surprised how small it was . Food was average but the views were good. Club LAS was about the same size but you could order stuff off the barcode. Friendly waitstaff. Centurion lounge had the best food and was the largest of the three by far, Food there was much better. My daughter was with me and she didn't mind our lounge crawl. I like to try different lounges when I get the chance. Next week, I will be trying the Chase lounge in BOS in addition to The Club and the UC.
Buster CT1K, SPN Lifer and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Coke Freestyle machine going in this morning at LAS UC

Old Jul 20, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by korea71
Club LAS was about the same size but you could order stuff off the barcode.
I presume you're referring the Club LAS in Terminal D? There's a second one in Terminal E which is significantly larger (but at the same time, much busier as it gets a lot of premium passengers from international airlines that fly out of E), and which has food set out rather than being orderable via the barcodes.

I haven't been to one in D since they redid/moved it years ago so I can't give a direct comparison as to which is better. D of course wins out in terms of distance from the United gates - even if you're passing through the E gates to get to D, the Club is still a fair distance out of your way as it's located towards the end of the gates (near E2).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:26 am

The freestyle machine is a welcome addition. The staff at this UC are always extremely friendly and welcoming. It’s one of my favorite clubs in the system.
iluv2fly and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.