Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Still Platinum status as of today when I checked into a Sheraton near Disneyland, CA. No issues at all, got a nice "thank you for being a loyal member", welcome gift (went with the red wine), near top level floor, club access

Onto the theme parks now!
thefiverivers likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:08 am
Original Poster

I posted this thread. Went to combine the two accounts today and still Platinum on both. Waiting until mid March to see what happens.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:57 pm

Had platinum status through united match. Checked in yesterday to residence inn long Beach and was thanked for being a gold elite. App still says platinum but didn't make a fuss, just figured the hotels' systems have better info than user apps.

Thinking I need to cancel a Sheraton reservation for Saturday. Was hoping for platinum to last until then but guess not.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by mathprof
Had platinum status through united match. Checked in yesterday to residence inn long Beach and was thanked for being a gold elite. App still says platinum but didn't make a fuss, just figured the hotels' systems have better info than user apps.

Thinking I need to cancel a Sheraton reservation for Saturday. Was hoping for platinum to last until then but guess not.

I wouldn't read too much into that actually. There was a problem last year with upgraded Platinum status being recognized at (some) SPG properties. I stayed at one hotel 3 times within a month last year. Twice I was greeted as Gold and only once as Platinum. I only needed the Platinum benefit once so didn't say too much about it but did ask why they aren't seeing my Plat status, they said there were still two different systems last year (this was December) and once showed Gold and one showed Platinum. I think they were going to the old system by default and not always cross referencing. I however did not have this issue at a St. Regis property in January, they got it right with Platinum from the start.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I checked into the Aloft at BUF airport Sunday, and received Platinum benefits. Was comped Marriot Gold through million miler for several years. Stayed 40 paid nights last night. We'll see what happens. Booked at the Ritz Carlton in early March, hoping to still have Platinum status. We'll see. Reservation still says platinum.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have a stay next week at a Marriott. Today I received a welcome email. My status in the email still shows as Platinum Elite.

The only reason I risked staying in a Marriott with the possibility that my status gets down to Gold is that it had much better reviews than the other choice, a DoubleTree: 6 out of 47 hotels vs. 21 out of 47 hotels.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Feb 20, 2019 at 6:00 am Reason: Removed one sentence as I was wrong
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:40 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Am I the only one who have been mis-informed that Marriott's annual elite program period resets on March 1st every year? In this case, we should be able to tell whether our matched status with Marriott will keep Platinum in about two weeks?
wxguy and MTan like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:52 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA vs NW
Am I the only one who have been mis-informed that Marriott's annual elite program period resets on March 1st every year? In this case, we should be able to tell whether our matched status with Marriott will keep Platinum in about two weeks?
And...Did any just call Marriott to see when their status expires?

Part of me is just afraid to do it, as if I feel like I'm currently flying below the proverbial radar.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
And...Did any just call Marriott to see when their status expires?

Part of me is just afraid to do it, as if I feel like I'm currently flying below the proverbial radar.
While some seem to still have Plat status I can tell you that it seems to for the most part be over. When I registered this year with GS status I was immediately given Bonvoy Gold Elite status (which did NOT appear to grant lounge status). Not even mention of Plat status. I suspect as people come up for renewal the will see Gold Elite. It is what it is. I just cancelled 5 days at Marriott in Denver and went with Hilton fwiw.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomad420
While some seem to still have Plat status I can tell you that it seems to for the most part be over. When I registered this year with GS status I was immediately given Bonvoy Gold Elite status (which did NOT appear to grant lounge status). Not even mention of Plat status. I suspect as people come up for renewal the will see Gold Elite. It is what it is. I just cancelled 5 days at Marriott in Denver and went with Hilton fwiw.
But you still have not explained if you were Platinum Elite before you registered with your new GS status and only got Gold. Most of us that did not do anything managed to keep the Platinum status for a few more weeks. Maybe you should just have waited to register with your new GS status.
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:31 pm

darn it, i have 3 nights in LA, 1 in San Luis Obispo, 3 in San Fran, all at Marriotts because of the Platinum Status, all in June. I guess i'll have plenty of notice to bail on those hotels.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1k
Am still Platinum with a booking through this week. Honestly if I'm downgraded to Gold, I'll go back to AirBnB or choose cheapest available non-Marriott...the free lounge access and breakfast are my only two reasons for booking with Marriott. The room upgrade is nice, but ultimately not a big deal.
BeeeJay likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond
Spent 3 nights this week at Marriott in Denver and 1 night at DEN Westin and was recognized as Platinum member which is what my account shows. If they downgrade me to GOLD, back to Hilton I go.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
So I have been avoiding Marriott since the end of January. I need hotels in March, April and May so following this thread closely....
Kannai likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So I have been avoiding Marriott since the end of January. I need hotels in March, April and May so following this thread closely....
Apparently avoiding them prematurely, it seems?
I'm continue to book them though end of February, based on info from this thread.
Although I have one on March 2nd also. I bet I'll be "downgraded" by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.