Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:09 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Originally Posted by ozflier
Same with me!
I also belong to the group of travelers who care the most about free or reasonably priced breakfast to kick off the day. Now that we will no longer enjoy free breakfast in Marriott hotels' lounge as lifetime gold member, I downgrade my hotel choice to stick with Holiday Inn Express whenever it is available. Surprisingly, HIX is doing an excellent job in terms of room cleanness, good selection of healthy food for complimentary breakfast and bed comfort, especially for a lot of new hotels recently opened in the greater China area. For those of you who care about complimentary breakfast, you might want to give HIX a try.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I expect there are a good number of us who don't care as much about breakfast on business travel (can expense) but I really appreciated the lounge access. The lounge is much more than just free food because it enables me to grab a quick bite (or even some coffee to go) and be in-and-out in 5 minutes - something that is impossible with restaurants. Even St. Regis DC which had lightning fast service still required better part of 30 min. Also the evening snacks can substitute for a meal, particularly when I am jet lagged and just want something fast. So yes - elimination of lounge (and breakfasts) bumps Marriott from the preferred choice to just another choice. Hyatt (with the lounge passes) is looking like a better choice in 2019, particularly for leisure stays.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I expect there are a good number of us who don't care as much about breakfast on business travel (can expense) but I really appreciated the lounge access. The lounge is much more than just free food because it enables me to grab a quick bite (or even some coffee to go) and be in-and-out in 5 minutes - something that is impossible with restaurants. Even St. Regis DC which had lightning fast service still required better part of 30 min. Also the evening snacks can substitute for a meal, particularly when I am jet lagged and just want something fast. So yes - elimination of lounge (and breakfasts) bumps Marriott from the preferred choice to just another choice. Hyatt (with the lounge passes) is looking like a better choice in 2019, particularly for leisure stays.
Beyond food, I have used the lounge later in the morning when I'm traveling with a team, to meet and plan a client visit later in the day, or to debrief after a meeting later in the day. The lobby is too public and noisy, and requesting a small meeting room, even for a few hours, is expensive.

Hyatt also sells lounge access for 3,000 points per night.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just logged into Marriott. I had a stay last week and received my platinum elite benefits. I’m making another booking for the 13th of the month and it still shows that I’m platinum elite. By the way I’m a platinum on United… So far so good :-)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Still platinum today!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
They have not processed status downgrade updates for anyone yet.. but likely will mid month.

Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I"m checking into the Westin at LAX tomorrow, and I'm still getting Platinum benefits. The killer is I have 40 nights last year, could have checked into a Fairfield in NJ for 10 nights for just over $1000. I didnt' do it because a Marriot employee thought we'd keep Platinum. Without that status, I will just take the best deal, not sway my business to Marriott.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Anyone think they'll make offers to buy up to retain Platinum, like some airlines offer to those who didn't renew their status?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
They have not processed status downgrade updates for anyone yet.. but likely will mid month.

Wish I had known Marriott's IT would lag. Have a stay later this week that I purposefully booked away from Marriott.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Take a look at the Marriott forum, but you could do a Platinum challenge (16 nights in 3 months) if it'll matter a lot
Or if earning it normally, you can sign up for the credit card for extra elite night credit (15 nights) and hold a corporate meeting (10 nights). And they're some targeted double elite credit offers etc.

A lot easier than qualifying for PQM+PQD!

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I"m checking into the Westin at LAX tomorrow, and I'm still getting Platinum benefits. The killer is I have 40 nights last year, could have checked into a Fairfield in NJ for 10 nights for just over $1000. I didnt' do it because a Marriot employee thought we'd keep Platinum. Without that status, I will just take the best deal, not sway my business to Marriott.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: United Global Services
Anyone see a change in Marriott status since Jan ended?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by roseallday
Anyone see a change in Marriott status since Jan ended?
Mine's still Platinum.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greg99
Mine's still Platinum.
Mine also
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by greg99
Mine's still Platinum.
I hope I'm not jinxing myself but - same here
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
As mentioned on another thread, with the rollout of the Bonvoy program on 13th February, the resetting of status is likely to happen then.

As it happens I'm still plat and mid way through a stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.