Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Really good Polaris Sale EWR to HKG around $3K R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Really good Polaris Sale EWR to HKG around $3K R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:29 pm

this seems to be gone and now i'm seeing a lot of $8-9k fares in october
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jsloan
LOL. I'm not allowed a difference of opinion?

It's nice to have both aisle access and the window, but there's a reason UA has been able to get so many seats onto these planes. The 2-2-2 layouts -- especially on the 777 -- are lower density.
Especially when flying with a partner, I think the 2-2-2 is much better because there are paired seats with windows.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My wife decided to do the upfare from W to P on her ticket because she would have finished the year $1,400 short on PQDs at 101,000 PQMs.

We had purchased those tickets in April. Cheapest fare UA made available to us was a W fare (website did not offer us fares like S or K) of $1,100. At that time, the P fare was $5,600.

I'm not so sure that I'm too happy having a competition for the upgrades inside my household. She could easily purchase her tickets, apply her upgrades and check-in before I do......
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrsfo

Perhaps but I find the 2-2-2 plain uncomfortable - and I’m sitting in one now. I plain don’t like angled seats and, on the sCO version, there’s nowhere for your feet.
Try row 8. Larger footwell. (If not available, then row 1 or 2AB)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.