Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pet Relief IAH Intl Arrivals?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Pet Relief IAH Intl Arrivals?

I flew UA128 into IAH last week and couldn't find a pet relief area anywhere before the curbside (e.g. before Immigration). Anyone know of one? Seems like stepping of a long international flight with a pet that a potty area would be a priority. The IAH web site shows the closest one is in Terminal D (which would be after immigation, baggage claim, customs and security).

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by snackdog
I flew UA128 into IAH last week and couldn't find a pet relief area anywhere before the curbside (e.g. before Immigration). Anyone know of one? Seems like stepping of a long international flight with a pet that a potty area would be a priority. The IAH web site shows the closest one is in Terminal D (which would be after immigation, baggage claim, customs and security).

Thanks

Does any airport in the world...on Int'l arrivals...have this "convenience" so a pet can potty prior to legally entering a country ?
Coskigirl, Often1 and artvandalay like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Where on earth would such a facility be placed?

Where have you ever seen such a facility?
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Typically arrival halls are locked down and there isn't even a people potty, much less a dog potty.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Typically arrival halls are locked down and there isn't even a people potty, much less a dog potty.
I can't think of a US airport that doesn't have toilets (at least) between the plane and immigration, and in the baggage reclaim area.

Similarly I can't think of any international airports I've been to that don't either...
1P, chavala, Absolute and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:04 pm

Let's stay on topic :-)

I want the OP, or anyone in fact, advise about airport pet potty areas prior to entering a country, any country.

Would this pet potty area be prior to pet "check" areas, too ? Where the officials check the potty-less pets documentation for needed vaccines, etc ?

(smh)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:55 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Often1
Where on earth would such a facility be placed?

Where have you ever seen such a facility?
If you're talking in general at an airport, several have it - such as C/D at IAD. Look for a Pet Relief sign, and there is a room with fake grass and a fire hydrant in it, on the main concourse.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute
If you're talking in general at an airport, several have it - such as C/D at IAD. Look for a Pet Relief sign, and there is a room with fake grass and a fire hydrant in it, on the main concourse.

Of course many airports have Pet Relief areas, as does IAH, but they are not in the area the OP feels necessary. ...just after getting off an International flight and prior to Immigration and Customs.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

I don't track toilets in arrivals areas very closely. They definitely have people toilets in right next to the arrival gates at GIG (where I fly most), since it is a 10 minute walk to Immigration. I expect them to add a pet relief area soon as well since they just added one in departures - just a small low-walled enclosure next to the wall on the concourse.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

We flew in today. No pet relief anywhere before immigration. So, after 14 hours without a pee she made a little puddle on the way to immigration. Not a big deal but it is silly not to have a pet relief area.

There is a people toilet, by the way, before immigration, in IAH (and many other airports).
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by snackdog
So, after 14 hours without a pee she made a little puddle on the way to immigration.
A puddle you say?
Hmm, there's specific absorbent pads one can purchase to fit in the pet carrier to solve this particular problem.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by narvik
A puddle you say?
Hmm, there's specific absorbent pads one can purchase to fit in the pet carrier to solve this particular problem.
She is too big for a pet carrier!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.