Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

App boarding pass does not update. Gate, boarding time, ...

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 17, 18, 12:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Known problem with BPs on UA's app, if the gate is changed the BP displayed gate is not real-time updated.

Best to check Flight Status on the app or online, or check the airport displays.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 9, 16, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P

We all know UA is going backwards in technology. Yesterday at ORD look at boarding pass on app. Shows F6. Walk to F6 and no flight for MKE. Check flight status on app and it shows F2. Walk to F2 where flight is actually departing from. With hope all these bugs will start to get fixed.

By the way. The app boarding pass never corrected even after refreshing at F2 gate. I boarded with my app boarding pass showing F6.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 9, 16 at 10:56 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GS, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LP
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE View Post
By the way. The app boarding pass never corrected even after refreshing at F2 gate. I boarded with my app boarding pass showing F6.
This happens to me a few times per month. I have called GS, showed it to the GA and in the GFL and the clubs - same response - shoulder shrug. Haven't figured out the pattern yet but does seem most likely to occur at ORD...
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:06 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.4MM UC | Bonvoy Plat | Hertz 5*PC
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan View Post
This happens to me a few times per month. I have called GS, showed it to the GA and in the GFL and the clubs - same response - shoulder shrug. Haven't figured out the pattern yet but does seem most likely to occur at ORD...
I'm ORD-based so perhaps that invalidates this but I have only had it happen at ORD. That could be just correlated with more complex operations with more last minute gate changes, however.
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan View Post
Maybe a lot more gate changes at ORD? At the F gates in particular, I rarely seem to board at the original gate.
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
We can't let UA "justify" this because of complex operations at the hub. So it has been ongoing and known to UA. Shame on them for not fixing. I was wondering why the agent at the UA Club could care less when I pointed this out to him.
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Same with the Apple Wallet boarding pass. Sometimes updates, sometimes doesn't. I've been bounced all over ORD C to B to F4 back to C2 and neither the online BP or Apple wallet budged. Agents just shrugged.
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Are the screens in the UA terminals at ORD accurate? Back to the cave man age.
Old Apr 9, 16, 8:07 am

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks for the heads-up. I have never experienced this, maybe because I don't fly through ORD very often. I'll certainly double-check next time.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
This is definitely not just an ORD issue. I have it happen at IAH a couple times per month. A few times I had to sprint from Terminal B to C because not only did the gate change but so did the terminal.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it the in-app or the Passbook/Wallet BP which isn't updating?
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:31 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Both. Has happened to me at ORD and very inconveniently too.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Ever since introduction, I haven't seen the mobile BP gate be trustworthy. It's as if it "prints" when you check-in and never updates.. or at least rarely does. I always use the one extra click to see the flight status which typically DOES have the correct gate info.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LIH View Post
I'm ORD-based so perhaps that invalidates this but I have only had it happen at ORD. That could be just correlated with more complex operations with more last minute gate changes, however.
Happened to me at ORD and EWR this past week. Refresh AND check monitors.
Old Apr 9, 16, 11:32 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
The problem I've seen is that the app doesn't always refresh when you hit "refresh". It needs something to notify you when the refresh fails.
Old Apr 9, 16, 11:59 am

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
For iPhone users, do you have the "automatic updates" toggled on within both the UA app and the Wallet? The was a upgrade a few months ago (happened around the same time as IOS 9) that either introduces automatic updates or reset the toggle to be turned off.

I had the same issue since late last year and turn on automatic updates for both the UA app and iPhone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: