Lufthansa availability with MileagePlus

Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by AustinPilot
For a bunch of XXX-FRA-JFK itineraries in August, LH awards in biz seem to be available via AC, NH, or SQ. None of them come up when searching via UA. Very annoying.
Is this just UA giving you too many choices and your flights are not listed or just no results?

If it is too many choices the below may help.

I don't know if you are searching mobile or desktop but I have much better success on my desktop. I also recommend trying to play with the advanced search settings. For instance select departure time the hour the XXX flight leaves then list FRA as a connection city. Happy to help you look further if you shoot me a DM
Old Jul 3, 2021, 8:26 am

Calling did not help. Apparently, LH is withholding a lot of award inventory from UA:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/luftha...okable-united/
(sorry about the TPG link)
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I can confirm this is an ongoing issue. Just booked an award for a client yesterday which was available with Aeroplan, but not with Mileage Plus.

Having raised redemption rates to the stratosphere, United is now trying to cut their costs on the back end by blocking inventory. Starnet blocking was a staple of US Airways and Scott Kirby is at the helm of United, so I'd personally expect more of this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AustinPilot
... Apparently, LH is withholding a lot of award inventory from UA:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/luftha...okable-united/
Originally Posted by TProphet
... United is now trying to cut their costs on the back end by blocking inventory. .....
So some partial blocking is fairly well confirmed but the question is who is blocking who?
Or this a new technology issue?
And why some flights but not others? Is there a pattern?

Hopefully this is resolved soon
N104UA likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2021 at 7:06 pm Reason: more

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.