Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Brenda and her lies (1k phone agent not being forthcoming)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brenda and her lies (1k phone agent not being forthcoming)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If UA printed out these complaints, the "three lies" and malicious intent thing will simply add a sheet of paper to the waste basket and likely have UA instruct its YUL contractor to retrain the YUL outsourced agent. Or worse.

There is a solid reason for not disclosing who holds what status on the UG list. It discourages people from tying up a scarce resource -- phone agents -- to figure out details which change minute-by-minute and then lead to accusations of lying. But, it really isn't important because it's not a debate, it's UA policy.

The next time you are on hold trying to get an agent to help you with something real, you can curse the guy keeping the agent on the phone playing crystal ball about CPU's.
troybondi likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Let's focus back on Brenda specifically. The issue is her pattern of lies, rather than YUL contractor training. Who else here has fallen victim to Brenda and her lies?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:46 pm

Exclamation Brenda, you're right! Hope they give you a raise!

Can you even imagine if every entitled frequent flyer got on the phone every time they flew just to "strategize" on how to be upgraded? Brenda was doing the right thing and more than likely not trying to assist her non-rev brethren. Montreal, if you want a guarantee of a premium seat, perhaps you should BUY a premium ticket.
The agent who showed the list, contract staff or not, broke policy. There are other factors that Montreal could never have seen and that even the rogue agent wasn't privy to know.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Let's focus back on Brenda specifically. The issue is her pattern of lies, rather than YUL contractor training. Who else here has fallen victim to Brenda and her lies?
Not yet, but I’m looking forward to it.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:41 pm

You should hear what Brenda says about you guys!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Global321
You should hear what Brenda says about you guys!
I'm sure Brenda lies about this, too.
united78 and Global321 like this.

Last edited by VXforever; Apr 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Brenda told me I'd have to pay the fare difference - I'm convinced she gets a cut.

I wanted to apply a GPU to my D fare, LH- operated codeshare and I called Brenda and asked her to kindly change the flight number from the UA codeshare number to the LH actual number so I could apply the GPU online. Brenda told me I had to re-ticket.

Ultimately I refused to be the victim. Debra took care of me after a proper HUCA.
AugustusM likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Many years ago, I asked Brenda about my position on the upgrade waitlist. She said it was "looking good."

It did not clear.

I don't ask that question anymore.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: SWA CP, UA MP, Hilton G, SPG G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Many years ago, I asked Brenda about my position on the upgrade waitlist. She said it was "looking good."

It did not clear.

I don't ask that question anymore.
Clearly she lied with pure malicious evil intent in her heart

(sarcasm)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
I asked Brenda if I could fly the plane if I walked into the cockpit and asked nicely, she said 'yes'.

SHE LIED!!!!!!!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
This is bad. Now, If I call the 1K line and the agent says her name is Brenda, I will laugh so hard that I will not be able to ask my question.
Bensky13, Global321 and ordflyer18 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:45 am

So far, no one is talking about Brendan. He is just as bad!
Global321 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
clearly the OP is in YUL, he needs to fly more AC to appreciate UA.
narvik likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
This is bad. Now, If I call the 1K line and the agent says her name is Brenda, I will laugh so hard that I will not be able to ask my question.
That's what HUCA is for.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Can someone put this thread to bed, please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.