Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Miles for gas with BP (USA) - ending 30 Sept 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Earn and use miles with BP Driver Rewards
200 RDMs for signing up and making first use

Two ways to use

1. Earn miles on your fuel purchases, Each time you visit the pump, you’ll earn 1, 2 or 3 miles per gallon:
1 mile per gallon of regular or premium BP fuel purchased when you enter your Driver Rewards loyalty ID or swipe your Driver Rewards card at the pump
2 miles per gallon of regular BP fuel if you’ve linked a credit or debit card
3 miles per gallon of premium-grade BP fuel purchased if you’ve linked a credit or debit card

2. Use miles to save at the pump, save $0.50 per gallon for 60 miles per gallon (0.833 cpm)
You can also use miles for savings on BP fuel. On each transaction, you can choose to use 60 miles per gallon to save $0.50 per gallon by swiping your linked credit or debit card at the pump. As an added perk, you’ll still earn miles for each gallon, even if you’ve used miles on the same purchase.
Max 20 gallons

Full terms & conditions

You may link up to five eligible major credit cards to your account for added convenience at the pump, subject to these Terms and conditions. To link your card(s), visit mybpstation.com, log in, and you will be presented with BP’s secure, hosted website to complete the linking process. Please allow 48 hours for linking activation to take place.

BP Visa® Credit Card with Driver Rewards and BP Credit Card with Driver Rewards are not eligible for linking, as they already provide this convenience and are governed by their own terms and conditions, available at https://mybpstation.com/cards. An eligible payment card that has been registered is referred to as a "linked card." To earn rewards via your linked card, you must swipe your card at the beginning of the transaction for any purchase of BP-branded gasoline at participating BP locations. For participating BP locations see Station Finder.

From time to time, rewards earned through gasoline transactions processed inside a BP convenience store location may not record or redeem correctly via your linked card. You may check your BP Driver Rewards transaction history at mybpstation.com. If you feel a transaction is missing, please contact 1-877-852-3025 for handling.

You are responsible for registering a new card if your linked card is no longer valid, lost, stolen or if you receive a replacement card with a different card number or expiration date. By registering your card, you are representing that you are the cardholder or an authorized user of the linked card. You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate and complete registration information about yourself and your linked card.

Driver Rewards members who select United MileagePlus as their reward type in their account will earn 1 award mile per gallon of BP fuel purchased at participating BP locations. Link a form of payment to your Driver Rewards account to earn 1 additional award mile per gallon of regular or mid-grade fuel purchased (for a total of 2 miles per gallon), or earn 2 additional award miles per gallon of premium-grade fuel purchased (for a total of 3 miles per gallon). Maximum 20 gallons per fuel purchase. Member must enter their Driver Rewards number or swipe a linked card at the pump. Not valid with other offers earning or redeeming cents off per gallon. Not valid where prohibited by law.

If you are an existing Driver Rewards member and choose to earn MileagePlus miles, your existing cents per gallon balance will convert to award miles as a one-time courtesy at the rate disclosed at the time of conversion. If you choose to make the one-time conversion, the transaction is non-reversible and can only occur one-time per person, per Driver Rewards account.

Use 60 award miles per gallon for $0.50 off per gallon on a maximum of 20 gallons (for a maximum of $10 off) per fuel purchase. To be eligible to use miles at participating BP stations, you must have a form of payment linked to your Driver Rewards account and have at least 1,200 miles in your MileagePlus account at the time of purchase. For the option to use miles for cents off per gallon, swipe your linked form of payment at the pump.

Eligibility to use miles is at the discretion of United Airlines and may change at any time without notice. Certain MileagePlus members may receive preferential pricing. Pricing is subject to change without notice. You must have sufficient miles in your MileagePlus account to complete a miles redemption transaction. You may not combine miles from two or more accounts on a single transaction. Your miles will be deducted at the time of purchase. In the event that miles have not been properly debited from your account at the time of redemption, such miles may be debited by United Airlines at any time. Miles or other credits acquired from any loyalty program other than MileagePlus may not be used in connection with any miles redemption opportunity.

In its sole discretion, at any time, and for any or no reason, United Airlines may prevent or restrict access to this opportunity or any part thereof for all or certain MileagePlus members, with or without notice. Access may vary by member. Any actual or suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity is grounds for termination of your access to this opportunity in the sole discretion of United Airlines and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies pursuant to the MileagePlus Program Rules or at law or in equity.

MileagePlus miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com/mileageplus.

Offer and pricing are subject to change without notice. All Driver Rewards terms and conditions apply. May not be valid with other offers. Not valid where prohibited by law. See www.mybpstation.com for details and participating locations.
Print Wikipost

Miles for gas with BP (USA) - ending 30 Sept 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Has anyone signed up for this?
I did today. not sure if that's helpful.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:54 pm

​​​​​Works as promised. I signed up and the miles posted quickly. The 200 bonus posted too.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Mileage Plus vs. BP cash back

So I signed up today, I drive a Mercedes so my car takes Premium with Premium I'm getting 3 miles per gallon..

Let's say I fill up 26 times a year, 15 gallons per time, that's 390 gallons a year = 1,170 bonus miles a year. Also throw in the 200 bonus points for year one. $2.00. At a 2.0 redemption would be $25.40 on year one.

If I was to get the 10 cents back that's $1.50 a fill up times 24 (since it would takes 2 fill ups to hit that $100 threshold) = $36 cash back a year.

Am I doing the math right on that?
Old May 25, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593
So I signed up today, I drive a Mercedes so my car takes Premium with Premium I'm getting 3 miles per gallon..
Great fuel mileage. What do you drive, a 787?
ajGoes likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Interesting way to earn a few extra miles here and there. I'm generally agnostic on where I buy gas but I do generally use Shell where I get a discount because of my grocery shopping at Giant foodstores. This will make me look a little harder at BP if price is similar.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Smile

Originally Posted by Meola10

Great fuel mileage. What do you drive, a 787?
Haha!! I meant 3 miles EARNED per gallon, I get 20MPG Combined in my C350 coupe and a surprising 30 on the highway. City is a lowly 15-16 but I don't live in the city What sucks is they don't make the C350 anymore so when it comes time to trade in and buy another CPO'd it's a downgrade to the C300 or a REALLY expensive upgrade to the C43 AMG. (yes C43 not C63).

Anyway, BP tends to be the cheapest around Northern NJ (with the exception of Delta who's gas I don't really trust and Costco which has a line longer than Thanksgiving at TSA in EWR) and I have one down the street from me so I'm definitely going to try it out.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
United+BP (Amoco) partnership- be careful

Did a search. Nothing came up, so posting a new thread.

So I get an email from United yest re: linking my BP Rewards (Amoco) account to UA to earn miles. 1 mile per $ spent at gas station plus 200 miles for first time use. So I link my BP & United. Deliberately stop at BP today (vs. Shell where I normally go) because I needed gas/thought I'd get the 200 extra & also miles per $ spend.

I saw something about 60 miles/50 cents Y/N at the pump which confused me, but I thought meant I'd earn 60 UA miles for 50 cents. So I hit Y.

Color me suprised when I get home & get this email.You've used award miles for your fuel purchase

Hello SkiAdcock:

Thank you for using United MileagePlus® award miles to save ($4.68) on your fuel purchase with BP Driver Rewards. Your award miles will be deducted from your account and may take up to 6 business days to process.

Your purchase summary

Date: May 25, 2018
Confirmation number:
Fuel purchase amount: $34.84 ($4.68 discount)
Miles used: 560
Miles remaining*:

Thanks you for choosing MileagePlus. We hope you'll continue to take advantage of this easy way to earn and use miles with Driver Rewards every time you visit the pump. If you need assistance with this program, please contact BP Driver at 1-877-852-3025, 7 days a week from 7 a.m to 11 p.m. EST, excluding major holidays.

I'm going to go back over the T&Cs, but I didn't see anything initially about using miles for a discount. I thought I was earning miles when I hit Y & being charged slightly more, not having miles deducted. While it's not a large amount I'm PO'd. Will be contacting BP Driver Rewards after the holiday.

I'm just posting so if anyone else signs up for this, press NO on the miles thing at the gas station.

Edited to add: I'll check my UA account in a week to see if I even earned any miles for the $1s spend plus the 200 initial miles bonus promo.

It should be noted that UA charges $70 to buy 1,000 miles, so there's no way that using 560 miles to save $4.68 makes any sense. Again, it's not a huge amount but I'm annoyed.

Cheers.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 26, 2018 at 11:29 am Reason: merged (previously) into master thread
Old May 26, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm going to go back over the T&Cs, but I didn't see anything initially about using miles for a discount.
I see it right above in post #29, so it must have been mentioned somewhere...
Old May 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I see it right above in post #29 , so it must have been mentioned somewhere...
I missed it until my thread got merged into this one (I had done a search) & didn't catch the use miles part until I read the wiki in this one. I thought I was purchasing 60 miles for 50 cents/was in a hurry when I was fueling.

Where I live now there are a lot of BPs & they're usually the same as the other gas places. I had signed up for BP Rewards previously, but its rewards program isn't as good as Shell's. BP you get 10cents off for every $100 spend. Shell I get .05/.10 off per gallon off every time I get gas, with occasional .50cents off.

I just checked my UA account; I will say everything posted quickly, although I still think the balance is off.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 26, 2018 at 12:07 pm Reason: edited because I realized my mistake on calculating, but still need to verify...
Old May 26, 2018, 2:16 pm

So I get an email from United yest re: linking my BP Rewards (Amoco) account to UA to earn miles. 1 mile per $ spent at gas station plus 200 miles for first time use. So I link my BP & United. Deliberately stop at BP today (vs. Shell where I normally go) because I needed gas/thought I'd get the 200 extra & also miles per $ spend.

I saw something about 60 miles/50 cents Y/N at the pump which confused me, but I thought meant I'd earn 60 UA miles for 50 cents. So I hit Y.

Color me suprised when I get home & get this email.You've used award miles for your fuel purchase

Hello SkiAdcock:

Thank you for using United MileagePlus® award miles to save ($4.68) on your fuel purchase with BP Driver Rewards. Your award miles will be deducted from your account and may take up to 6 business days to process.

Your purchase summary

Confirmation number:
Miles remaining*:

Thanks you for choosing MileagePlus. We hope you'll continue to take advantage of this easy way to earn and use miles with Driver Rewards every time you visit the pump. If you need assistance with this program, please contact BP Driver at 1-877-852-3025, 7 days a week from 7 a.m to 11 p.m. EST, excluding major holidays.

I'm going to go back over the T&Cs, but I didn't see anything initially about using miles for a discount. I thought I was earning miles when I hit Y & being charged slightly more, not having miles deducted. While it's not a large amount I'm PO'd. Will be contacting BP Driver Rewards after the holiday.

I'm just posting so if anyone else signs up for this, press NO on the miles thing at the gas station.

Edited to add: I'll check my UA account in a week to see if I even earned any miles for the $1s spend plus the 200 initial miles bonus promo.

It should be noted that UA charges $70 to buy 1,000 miles, so there's no way that using 560 miles to save $4.68 makes any sense. Again, it's not a huge amount but I'm annoyed.

Cheers.
Ironically I went to get gas last night to try out the program, I live in NJ so THEY (the gas man) pump my gas. Being that my car takes Supreme and I've had a couple problems with careless gas men pouring gas on the side of the car to putting in regular I always get out and do it myself. (yes I know it's illegal but it's not enforced) Occasionally I'll get out and let the guy do it if he's standing there but I still get out stretch my legs and double check to make sure everything is done right. What you said you saw "would you like to redeem 60 miles to save .50 cents per gallon" I saw the exact same thing the guy was so quick to push no (and then I asked him if he saw it before he says he always pushes no unless someone tells him otherwise) so I knew I was okay but it got me thinking all it takes is a careless gas man and you sitting in your car to not even realize what happened. And waaalaa your out 500 plus miles. In states where you pump your own gas it's no biggie but I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened in NJ where someone was SOL. just a data point.

PS. my miles were already posted soon as I got home 20 minutes later. I thought for doing nothing a free 46 miles isn't bad everytime I fill up. With the amount I'll rack up over the course of the year that'll pay for my Barrons subscription on miles for mags, all in all not a bad deal.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:59 pm

Hello SkiAdcock:

Your purchase summary

Confirmation number:
Miles remaining*:

Cheers.
Same problem for me. The pump displayed "Use 60 miles for $0.50 / gal discount". I hit "Y" and was charged 860 miles, not 60. It appears this is 60 miles per gallon purchased deduction. Very very mis-leading. I thought I was using 60 miles total for a $0.50 / gallon discount. I'll be calling into complain, then un-linking my accounts. Just wanted to give a heads up on this. What a waste to push "Y". 860 miles for $7.20 off
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EVA777
Same problem for me. The pump displayed "Use 60 miles for $0.50 / gal discount". I hit "Y" and was charged 860 miles, not 60. It appears this is 60 miles per gallon purchased deduction. Very very mis-leading. I thought I was using 60 miles total for a $0.50 / gallon discount. I'll be calling into complain, then un-linking my accounts. Just wanted to give a heads up on this. What a waste to push "Y". 860 miles for $7.20 off
Even harder to believe that 60 miles would give $7.20 discount. That would be a 12 cpm payout
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:06 am

Just thought I'd point out that UA has increased the signup offer for this promotion:

United® Visa Cardmembers: Earn 1,000 bonus miles when you sign up with BP Driver Rewards.
Link: https://www.mybpstation.com/join-bp-driver-rewards?reward=united

-James
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just thought I'd point out that UA has increased the signup offer for this promotion:

Link: https://www.mybpstation.com/join-bp-...?reward=united

-James
I initially was frustrated that this program is not in California and I could not sign up. Then I realized there are no BP stations in the Bay Area.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by bman1002
Then I realized there are no BP stations in the Bay Area.
That's not the reason.

Case-in-point - this program does not place an enrollment restriction to NV residents, while the 3 major NV cities (Reno, Carson City, Las Vegas) has no BP station. So it is apparent that it has nothing to do with the location of the gas stations. Beside - just because there is no BP station in CA, it does not mean a CA resident has no access to one.

My bet is on a state law that many know nothing about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.