Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I love 1k

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Mmmmmmmm...veggie takeoff...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
When I was Chairman's Preferred on USAirways, I loved being Chairman's Preferred.
When I was Gold on British Airways, I loved being Gold.
Now that I'm 1K on United, I love being 1K.

It makes travel easier. When there's a problem, I call and problems get solved.
Had a good 1K moment two weeks ago...

Flying ORD-SFO on a mid-afternoon flight. Position on CPU list started to slip more and more until it was a guarantee that I was not going to clear. Hopped on the app and SDC'd to ORD-AUS-SFO. It looked like I was going to clear on the ORD-AUS leg, but AUS-SFO was booked full. SDC'd again to ORD-DFW-SFO, and again I was only going to clear one of the two legs. Figuring third time's a charm, I SDC'd to ORD-CVG-SFO where I was #1 on the upgrade list with one seat remaining for both legs. I cleared at the gate each time and picked up an extra 700 PQM.

The downside? My CVG-SFO leg was on an A319 in 1A where leg room is abysmal.

The upside? WiFi didn't work so I had a $300 ETC sitting in my inbox shortly after we landed.

None of the above would have happened if I weren't a 1K.

Cheers!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:04 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Good moment today too at PBI -- trying to get to EWR. On the 1430h flight (very close to the Presidential time) plus the weather at EWR. Check-in Agent proactively suggested that she could rebook me on the 1116h flight. Even found some R space for an upgrade.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
The upside? WiFi didn't work so I had a $300 ETC sitting in my inbox shortly after we landed.

None of the above would have happened if I weren't a 1K.
$300 ETC for WiFi not working? Granted, I've not been 1K, but I've heard of Gold/Plat getting only $200-250 for mechanical delays of 2-4 hours+. What do 1K folks get in that situation?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.