Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore seat selection available on UA.COM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore seat selection available on UA.COM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
if you look at the seat map I posted above ... this flight is I6 right now. SQ intra-Asia availability is not bad at all.
Worth booking via SQ though, if you have UR or other points that transfer. More availability and lower rates. Australia to much of Asia for 32,500 rather than 50,000 on UA, for example (just switched my Aus-Vietnam bookings accordingly)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cricketer
Worth booking via SQ though, if you have UR or other points that transfer. More availability and lower rates. Australia to much of Asia for 32,500 rather than 50,000 on UA, for example (just switched my Aus-Vietnam bookings accordingly)
With 1.2M Miles left on UA ... I can take a 25k hit for SIN-RGN
cricketer and chavala like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cricketer
And you can book 77W, 380, and 350, with excellent availability. (TPACs are harder though.)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: United 1K
Singapore / United have had a reputation for a lukewarm relationship, so I’m surprised that these two were the launch partners for this feature.

Last edited by Resonant Programmer; Feb 18, 2018 at 9:31 pm Reason: copy edit
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sbm12
LH and UA are considered the launch carriers for the offering. Read the link.
Really? I'm looking right now at "Seat map is not available at this time" message on United.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Really? I'm looking right now at "Seat map is not available at this time" message on United.
The offering is not "seat maps" but a digital middleware platform. That's very clear from reading the linked press release.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It's not very clear. The clear part is that I should be able to select seats on my Singapore Airlines flights booked via United. But I can't do that and I can't select seats on my Lufthansa flights booked on United's site.

"For instance, a seat selection feature launched on February 2nd now allows a United Airlines customer to select a seat on Singapore Airlines flights booked via united.com or the United App. "

I've booked my Singapore Airlines flights after Feb 2nd and when I click on change seat for those flights I see message that Seat map is not available.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbm12
The offering is not "seat maps" but a digital middleware platform. That's very clear from reading the linked press release.
Huh. I thought this thread was about picking seats.

I'm surprised this functionality came first with SQ, not LH.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bwiadca
It's not very clear. The clear part is that I should be able to select seats on my Singapore Airlines flights booked via United. But I can't do that and I can't select seats on my Lufthansa flights booked on United's site.
Maybe it’s something to do with the destination? I had luck with my BKK-SIN and DPS-SIN.
LH, no. But I was able to get seats on LH.com for intra Europe flights , which I didn’t know was now possible. The last 2 trips I had to wait for check-in.

Last edited by chavala; Feb 19, 2018 at 7:33 am Reason: spell
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
To me, the most interesting part of the press release that sbm12 posted is this: "By the end of 2018, these member carrier FFP websites will allow customers to check flight availability and book redemption seats online for flights operated by all 28 Star Alliance member airlines."

Back on topic... I, too, find it interesting that SQ was the first partner, rather than LH for this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:32 am

This is great! Have a ticket on SQ from SIN-IST and seat assignments/maps were available.

Can't wait to have the other *A airlines get on-board. Will alleviate some headaches.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This surprises me. Of all the *A airlines, I was sure SQ would be the last to do anything customer-friendly.
You may take note that the current Star Alliance CEO, Mr. GOH, is from Singapore Airlines.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Ability to choose SQ seats booked through UA

Normally if I book through United.com I am unable to choose seats on OAL, including *A.

However, I booked a Business Saver award SIN-PER-SIN and was able to select my seats at time of reservation. Is this a recent change or have you always been able to select seats in SQ on United (016 ticket obviously).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Normally if I book through United.com I am unable to choose seats on OAL, including *A.

However, I booked a Business Saver award SIN-PER-SIN and was able to select my seats at time of reservation. Is this a recent change or have you always been able to select seats in SQ on United (016 ticket obviously).
UA added this functionality recently, and they're slowly starting to expand it; for example, you can now select some seats on AC. It's part of a larger *A initiative.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I was able to pick SQ seats on a UA award in July/August-ish (I don't remember exactly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.