FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Singapore seat selection available on UA.COM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1894559-singapore-seat-selection-available-ua-com.html)

bevotex Feb 18, 2018 9:48 am

Singapore seat selection available on UA.COM

I thought this interesting. I have 4 award business class segments booked on Singapore Airlines in May. I can now see my seats and select them on my United.com site. In the past you would have to get the Singapore reservation number and select seats through the Singapore Airline site. Other partner airline bookings such as Eva still not visible on United site. Hopefully this ability will be advanced to other Star Alliance partners on United site bookings.

sbm12 Feb 18, 2018 9:51 am

This is a result of the new *A middleware platform: Press - Star Alliance - Star Alliance.

If just rolled out starting this month. Airlines have to opt in for various components like seat selection, bag tracking and more.

bevotex Feb 18, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks for the info. Did not know that. Hopefully more will opt in.

mahasamatman Feb 18, 2018 10:04 am

This surprises me. Of all the *A airlines, I was sure SQ would be the last to do anything customer-friendly.

Kacee Feb 18, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah, this is shocking. I'd have though LH would be first.

sbm12 Feb 18, 2018 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29430717)
Yeah, this is shocking. I'd have though LH would be first.

LH and UA are considered the launch carriers for the offering. Read the link. ;)

emcampbe Feb 18, 2018 10:13 am

There was a time when you could do AC seat selection from UA.com. It was fairly brief, definitely post merger, and I was able to do it. Exactly once. And never again.

mahasamatman Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 29430736)
LH and UA are considered the launch carriers for the offering. Read the link.

I did read it, and all it says about LH is that they use it for baggage tracking. Apparently, they have decided that seat selection is not important (yet).

cfischer Feb 18, 2018 10:43 am

nice!

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d0050ebb9c.png

checking my flight in 2 weeks ... and indeed! There is a seatmap! wow :)

uastarflyer Feb 18, 2018 12:43 pm

The OP scored 4 Biz class award tickets on SQ using UA miles? That itself is extraordinary
If I book a SQ itinerary on SQ’s website but provide my MP number for accrual, will this eventually be viewable on UA’s website?

chavala Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by bevotex (Post 29430650)
I thought this interesting. I have 4 award business class segments booked on Singapore Airlines in May. I can now see my seats and select them on my United.com site. In the past you would have to get the Singapore reservation number and select seats through the Singapore Airline site. Other partner airline bookings such as Eva still not visible on United site. Hopefully this ability will be advanced to other Star Alliance partners on United site bookings.

Thanks for posting this -- I don't think I would have ever noticed. And it actually works! Now give us LH and NH.

chavala Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 29431204)
The OP scored 4 Biz class award tickets on SQ using UA miles? That itself is extraordinary
If I book a SQ itinerary on SQ’s website but provide my MP number for accrual, will this eventually be viewable on UA’s website?

He did say "segments". Getting award seats from SIN to nearby destinations is easy, usually wide open in fact.

cfischer Feb 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 29431204)

if you look at the seat map I posted above ... this flight is I6 right now. SQ intra-Asia availability is not bad at all.

uastarflyer Feb 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 29431347)
He did say "segments". Getting award seats from SIN to nearby destinations is easy, usually wide open in fact.

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 29431497)
if you look at the seat map I posted above ... this flight is I6 right now. SQ intra-Asia availability is not bad at all.

point taken and thanks. For short segments I am usually fine with Y so hadn’t looked closely at C/J

bevotex Feb 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Yes the segments on Singapore are booked from KIX-SIN-MLE and MLE-SIN-TPE. All are intra-Asian. I have Eva Air from TPE-IAH but I had to get seat assignments from the Eva site.