Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Membership coasters exchange (only free exchanges / giveaways)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
"Coaster Exchange"

As the coasters provided in the annual membership kits for 1Ks & GSs are of some interest to some and not so for others. This thread is for those that wish to make their coasters freely available to others.
-- this needs to be freely offer, no remuneration or bartering
-- for personal use only and not for resale
-- these are personal arrangements, FT or Moderators make no represenation to be a party in this
-- No unsolicated PMs

as stated
Members may post occasional offers to give away without charge to other FlyerTalk members, save for actual postage or shipping costs, souvenir or logo items of the members’ personal property related to United Airlines or Continental Airlines. These include items such as luggage tags, playing cards, posters, mugs, ticket jackets, or other related souvenir or logo items. The moderators may limit such posts and regulate the frequency of them, including consolidating them, when in the moderators’ discretion, that is appropriate. This policy does not allow the offering through FlyerTalk of airline items described in the above paragraphs, such as vouchers, discount coupons, upgrades, miles, elite status offers, club or lounge passes, or onboard or ground food or beverage coupons.
Coasters would qualify as a "souvenir" item.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

my wife really likes them and so do I. If anyone does not like them and would like to send me theirs I will make a $10 donation for every set I receive to the United employees charity (to a max of $50) . Couple of folks on here can Vouch for me.

Pm me if u want to do it.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:17 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Just FYI, I see several on eBay.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Just a reminder
Members may post occasional offers to give away without charge to other FlyerTalk members, save for actual postage or shipping costs, souvenir or logo items of the members’ personal property related to United Airlines or Continental Airlines. These include items such as luggage tags, playing cards, posters, mugs, ticket jackets, or other related souvenir or logo items. The moderators may limit such posts and regulate the frequency of them, including consolidating them, when in the moderators’ discretion, that is appropriate. This policy does not allow the offering through FlyerTalk of airline items described in the above paragraphs, such as vouchers, discount coupons, upgrades, miles, elite status offers, club or lounge passes, or onboard or ground food or beverage coupons.
Coasters would qualify as a "souvenir" item.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have kids. None of my furniture is worth protecting.
I'm happy to send the coasters to where they'll have a good home.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boogie711
I have kids. None of my furniture is worth protecting.
I'm happy to send the coasters to where they'll have a good home.
Thank you i will send a PM with address
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:24 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
What are these and where did we get them? Can someone post a photo? Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by TA
What are these and where did we get them? Can someone post a photo? Thanks!

As mentioned above --- Go to e-bay and type in --- "United Airlines 2018 Premier 1K coaster set", and you'll see lot's of them!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:49 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Oh I see now. Thanks! Where / when did we get them as a gift?

Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:51 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by TA
Oh I see now. Thanks! Where / when did we get them as a gift?
Was in the 1K kit this month.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:46 am

Maybe I live in a different world, but isn't it amazing that these things ( like the coasters ) find their way on to Ebay? Who opens his/her 1K kit and has the brilliant idea to
put some of it's content up for sale?
Miggles likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Who opens his/her 1K kit and has the brilliant idea to put some of it's content up for sale?
The same people who get free swag at conferences and put them up on eBay, or sell envelopes thinking that gets them a free pass on selling upgrade instruments.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The same people who get free swag at conferences and put them up on eBay, or sell envelopes thinking that gets them a free pass on selling upgrade instruments.
I'm too lazy to sell stuff on eBay. Swag items go in the trash or brought to Goodwill unless my kids want it.
Air Houston and mrt88 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I'm too lazy to open my 1K kit. Didn't even know I had these!
Dublin_rfk and Air Houston like this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Much discussion (and photos) of the contents of the 2018 membership kits - in 2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm

Remember this is a thread about freely exchanging the coasters, not about putting a price on or purchasing coasters.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.