Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Question on Eurowings (4W) Earning PQM & PQS plus Premier Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Question on Eurowings (4W) Earning PQM & PQS plus Premier Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by LondonElite
These wet-leases and third-party deals make a real mess of mileage accumulation. If you absolutely must have these miles then I suggest you may be disappointed (and no email is going to be binding.) As to loyalty, consider that you are not flying on UA, nor does UA get any revenue from this deal.
Yeah, I realize I'm taking a gamble here. Do you have past experiences with crediting EW flights to MP specifically? To make matters worse, apparently the BKK-DUS route is very new. In fact it looks like I'll be getting their inaugural flight for this direction!

One thing that I did yesterday was call EW and ask for the exact fare class I'd be booking since their website doesn't show it anywhere. Now I'm a little more worried: they said I'd be getting E class on all legs, which, according to UA's table, is a BEST class and earns 150% PQMs. That was for their cheapest fares - BASIC and SMART. Just to be sure, I called again and the other EW rep told me the same.

By the way what I meant with loyalty is all my other flights to the US, Canada and South America that I do fly UA and prioritize them solely for mileage reasons. All my other PQMs for the year are/were pure UA flights, but this time flying from Asia to Europe there isn't really this option.

Originally Posted by cfischer
This should credit just fine if the automatic credit works. With EW this can at times be a bit tricky, but I have been lucky. Any regular EW flight will earn including these wet leases
About this, what class have you been booking for get credit?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All my EW flights have credited to UA no problem, except for one, which I submitted twice, even spoke to UA about, and then gave up on.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by caioflandau
\
About this, what class have you been booking for get credit?
J on a 016 ticket
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
It seems to me that people are getting PQM on Eurowings. Is this correct? I do not see them listed on the United website as eligible for credit. I have a flight in November and trying to ascertain if I will receive PQM for flying them. Thank you.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
It seems to me that people are getting PQM on Eurowings. Is this correct? I do not see them listed on the United website as eligible for credit. I have a flight in November and trying to ascertain if I will receive PQM for flying them. Thank you.
It's correct depending on fare flown, see https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=668 the tables under "MileagePlus Premier qualification"
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:13 am

I have a flight in November as well (BKK-DUS-LIS RT). I got my ticket directly with the airline, so not a 016 ticket, and what is puzzling me is that I got fare code E for a BASIC ticket. According to UA's table above, E fares are BEST class and award 150% PQM. I'm starting to think I'll get 0% instead 🙂

Their old table did mention E as one of the possible BASIC fates, but the new one awards E as BEST.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:33 am

Quick update: all my Eurowings flights (bought directly through Eurowings' website) credited on UA. I had an E fare code and they credited as E which was surprising.

My itinerary was BKK-DUS-LIS r/t, and the flights to and from BKK were supposedly "operated by SunExpress". But in reality, they were Eurowings all the way - crew, plane decorations, magazines, checkin, etc. There was only a very small SunExpress logo at the corner of the security card. No employee mentioned SunExpress at any point.

One thing that really put me off, even though it ended up working fine, was that no one at Eurowings had any clue about the partnership with United. Their customer service, their check-in personnel, anyone. I didn't see the MP number in the boarding pass, so asked the check-in lady. She even went as far as telling me that the MP number would be removed from the booking at checkin because EW has no partnership with them!

Good luck trying to use your UA card for priority check-in or any of the benefits stated in UA's (or EW's) website. Anyway, it all worked well - Eurowings was not nearly as bad as I thought for the long haul flight - and I got credited for those flights 🙂
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by caioflandau
Quick update: all my Eurowings flights (bought directly through Eurowings' website) credited on UA.... I didn't see the MP number in the boarding pass, so asked the check-in lady. She even went as far as telling me that the MP number would be removed from the booking at checkin because EW has no partnership with them!

Good luck trying to use your UA card for priority check-in or any of the benefits stated in UA's (or EW's) website. Anyway, it all worked well - Eurowings was not nearly as bad as I thought for the long haul flight - and I got credited for those flights 🙂
Like you I did not have an 016 ticket for my flight last month but vastly different experience. By way of background I purchased the 4U flight through LH and was unable to input my MP #. OW flight LHR-DUS-MAN (MR to ensure the extra 2 GPUs for the year) so MP # important.

1. 4U checkin counter input my MP#. It did not appear on the BP but was told this was the norm for LH BP. All 4U/LH agents could see my FF #.
2. My 1K card was accepted for the Priority lane for check-in, priority tags were put on the luggage, gold track for security and was given LH lounge access at LHR (Senator access) and DUS (which was a godsend as they have showers).
3. My 1K card also provided me priority boarding.
4. Mileage credit appeared within a couple of days (love German efficiency).

Like you I did enjoy my 4U flights. Interesting system with the food and drink, akin to requesting as a 1K as FAs have a manifest with those eligible for the snack and those that need to pay
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Can confirm that EW credit on MP works surprisingly good. Flew ZAG - TXL recently, flight posted after just two days.

Meanwhile many Miles&More-customers are waiting more than a month for their flights to credit. Looks like their own program is not covered by German efficiency.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Can confirm that EW credit on MP works surprisingly good. Flew ZAG - TXL recently, flight posted after just two days.

Meanwhile many Miles&More-customers are waiting more than a month for their flights to credit. Looks like their own program is not covered by German efficiency.
I’ve flown 6 segments on EW this year, and they all credited without any problems.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:10 pm

Eurowings fare code now does appear prior to purchase

Originally Posted by EWRuser
Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to see the letter code before purchase.
Made a purchase today with one Eurowings leg in the middle, and it did display the farecode (G) prior to purchase, in the page that summarizes the entire itinerary prior to billing info. So the software may have changed in the last year. That's the good news. The bad news for me is that, as far as I can see, G does not accrue any credit.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Starman
Made a purchase today with one Eurowings leg in the middle, and it did display the farecode (G) prior to purchase, in the page that summarizes the entire itinerary prior to billing info. So the software may have changed in the last year. That's the good news. The bad news for me is that, as far as I can see, G does not accrue any credit.
of course G-class is earning RDM and PQM. Where are you seeing anything otherwise?
Old May 1, 2019, 7:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Starman
... The bad news for me is that, as far as I can see, G does not accrue any credit.
Eurowings --Appears G is mileage earning, either the standard PDQ approach on 016 ticket or 75% on non-016 ticket
Old May 2, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
of course G-class is earning RDM and PQM. Where are you seeing anything otherwise?
While it's good news that G gets credit, I'm perplexed by the entry at
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...eurowings.html
I do see the table that WineCountry has quoted, but expanding "016 ticket" on that page, footnote 1, last sentence, reads "Fare classes A, B, C, D, E, H, J, K, L, M, P, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y and Z are eligible for accrual", omitting "G". No doubt I am somehow misreading this sentence, which contradicts the table just above.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum
Eurowings Bags

Flight HAM - TPA bought on United.com

First leg is with Eurowings.

United Gold.

How many bags can I bring on Eurowings? What weight?

THANKS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.