Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

how does United ship premier kits to US citizen members living/working in Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA

how does United ship premier kits to US citizen members living/working in Asia? (specifically, Japan and Hong Kong)

both still have not received their 1K and Gold cards... just wondering if it's time to call UA and request them to re-send them again?

thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA
Yes they do, mine shipped on Dec 28, but I requalified in November. Takes about 4-6 weeks.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Yes they do, mine shipped on Dec 28, but I requalified in November. Takes about 4-6 weeks.
so they all ship at the same time? the one with 1K reached re-qualified by reaching the mileage requirement way back in June... the Gold re-qualified back in September.

do they just come in regular airmail?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:41 pm

I never really pay attention to when the kit arrives but it's shipped from an address in Europe just like my Club card which was mailed from Germany.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Did you check on mystatus.united.com? It should say when they shipped. I'm in the Tokyo area and I qualified in Sept. and my kit shipped on Dec. 22 according to the website. As thejaredhuang writes, it should take four to six weeks. Oddly (?), mine arrived Dec. 29, so either I got lucky or the shipping date was wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kannai
Did you check on mystatus.united.com? It should say when they shipped. I'm in the Tokyo area and I qualified in Sept. and my kit shipped on Dec. 22 according to the website. As thejaredhuang writes, it should take four to six weeks. Oddly (?), mine arrived Dec. 29, so either I got lucky or the shipping date was wrong.
Thanks! I just checked... the 1K one said it was shipped November 23. the gold one said it was shipped Dec 5. Guess a call to United is necessary tomorrow.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by geometry
Thanks! I just checked... the 1K one said it was shipped November 23. the gold one said it was shipped Dec 5. Guess a call to United is necessary tomorrow.
I don't see anything there about shipping. It is in some hidden menu, or has mine not shipped yet? I qualified on 12/14.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by geometry
so they all ship at the same time? the one with 1K reached re-qualified by reaching the mileage requirement way back in June... the Gold re-qualified back in September.

do they just come in regular airmail?
When I was going up the chain I got separate cards about 2 months after I qualified for each tier. UA ships them in batches, for those that qualify to a higher tier before June/July they'll ship a new card before the year ends. If you are staying on the same tier they will ship it between December and late January.

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
I don't see anything there about shipping. It is in some hidden menu, or has mine not shipped yet? I qualified on 12/14.
Checky mystatus.united.com and look in the top right corner.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Checky mystatus.united.com and look in the top right corner.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
The 'Shipped!' notice should be where it tells you to 'Keep your profile up to date', but as noted in the other thread it's inconsistently appearing.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Depends where in Asia you're address is. For Japan, they ship from Japan now, used to be from Europe. But it takes them ages to ship and arrive for whatever reason, fortunately these days, having to show the physical card has been the exception rather than the rule.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
The 'Shipped!' notice should be where it tells you to 'Keep your profile up to date', but as noted in the other thread it's inconsistently appearing.

when I logged into both accounts yesterday, the shipped date were showing... for some strange reason, they no longer appear in the same spot. (the spot now just tells me to update profiles) very strange.....
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:06 am
formerly 1984SW

FWIW, mystatus.united.com is not showing any shipping info for my account either. I live in Thailand, reached Gold status in November 2017, and have not received anything.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
FWIW, mystatus.united.com is not showing any shipping info for my account either. I live in Thailand, reached Gold status in November 2017, and have not received anything.
I hit my milestone in November and wasn't shipped til Dec 28th. For qualifying that late expect it to ship in the last month or this month.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:11 pm

Made gold in June 2017 and only received the package till Jan 2018. UA is very efficient. Wonder when ill get my Plat stuff.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.