Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, goalie, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are not long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zitsky
I'm just trying to print an intinerary from united.com. The quality is terrible. I've tried printing it, saving to PDF etc. No matter what I do it comes out blurry.
I saw the same, once in the past few days, if printing the "proposed itin", after selecting the flights but before booking. The screen version looks good but the printed / PDF version is very poor. I was using Chrome on W10 laptop. But when I checked FF or IE on W10, the quality was fine. Something odd with Chrome??

I just repeated the exercise and Chrome is still odd, they others are fine.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I saw the same, once in the past few days, if printing the "proposed itin", after selecting the flights but before booking. The screen version looks good but the printed / PDF version is very poor. I was using Chrome on W10 laptop. But when I checked FF or IE on W10, the quality was fine. Something odd with Chrome??

I just repeated the exercise and Chrome is still odd, they others are fine.
This information is very useful for me because I use Chrome to print the proposed itinerary so I can send it to the companies paying for my plane fare. It has always been blurry. Now I know that I should use FF or IE.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
This information is very useful for me because I use Chrome to print the proposed itinerary so I can send it to the companies paying for my plane fare. It has always been blurry. Now I know that I should use FF or IE.
I tried IE, was no better. Will try FF, also will give IE another try.

Is it still blurry after booking?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure about IE (explorer), but with edge and 'Microsoft Print to PDF' it creates the pdf with sharp text instead of a blurry image. There are some other foibles in the result, but at least it is not blurry.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

No, after booking it's all clear. But I need to send the proposed travel before booking because some of them need to approve the price before I can book it, others like to book it themselves after I give them my preferred flights.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I flew through ATL last week by entering the airport through door N7 at the end, but the northern security line only had regular and KCM security (no precheck), so I was directed back to the TSA which felt pretty indirect.

If I'm flying through ATL and have TSA pre check, what's the fastest route from dropoff to gate T17?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by getagb
... If I'm flying through ATL and have TSA pre check, what's the fastest route from dropoff to gate T17?
What airline are you flying and what gate (there is no T17)? The only access to the UA gates is to enter on the North Side and turn left -- follow the signs to high numbered T gates / Pre-Check.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What airline are you flying and what gate (there is no T17)? The only access to the UA gates is to enter on the North Side and turn left -- follow the signs to high numbered T gates / Pre-Check.
Flying UA. There are (new?) T16 and T17 gates just past T15, but I guess they haven’t updated the maps online.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm flying HNL-NRT on Chinese New Year and would like to give each of the FAs a little something. How many are usually on a 777 in business class?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by love_to_travel

I'm flying HNL-NRT on Chinese New Year and would like to give each of the FAs a little something. How many are usually on a 777 in business class?
Four IIRC, one for each isle, front and back mini cabins.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:23 am

First class doesn't get you Economy plus?

This is on an award ticket.

On a schedule in Business/First from RDU-IAH-SCL-EZE-IAH-RDU. 12/19/18 First segment RDU-IAH we're in coach. Tried putting us in Economy plus but they want us to pay for it. Talked to customer service and the guy tried to tell me there is no first class on that plane (Embraer). But seat plan shows it. I think he should have told me there is no availability which would surprise me as the flight isn't until December.

On the way back we're on a same or similar plane and we're in First.

This is absolutely a minor issue. I don't care about first class, but shouldn't economy plus be available for free?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is on an award ticket.

On a schedule in Business/First from RDU-IAH-SCL-EZE-IAH-RDU. 12/19/18 First segment RDU-IAH we're in coach. Tried putting us in Economy plus but they want us to pay for it. Talked to customer service and the guy tried to tell me there is no first class on that plane (Embraer). But seat plan shows it. I think he should have told me there is no availability which would surprise me as the flight isn't until December.

On the way back we're on a same or similar plane and we're in First.

This is absolutely a minor issue. I don't care about first class, but shouldn't economy plus be available for free?
Yes, this is a weird quirk of awards. Which ERJ is it that you're booked on? It may be that the agent meant there is no award inventory available in First, not that the plane has no F. If award inventory does open, you would be entitled to be moved up to F. The only planes that have actually have no F also have no real E+, sort of excepting for the exit rows.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, this is a weird quirk of awards. Which ERJ is it that you're booked on? It may be that the agent meant there is no award inventory available in First, not that the plane has no F. If award inventory does open, you would be entitled to be moved up to F. The only planes that have actually have no F also have no real E+, sort of excepting for the exit rows.
And by "yes," fumje means that it's correct that people on an F or J award are not entitled to free E+ on segments in Y. (You can, however, call and waitlist for F if it is a two-cabin RJ). This seems like a terrible policy to pretty much everyone except the decision makers at UA, but it is policy.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
And by "yes," fumje means that it's correct that people on an F or J award are not entitled to free E+ on segments in Y. (You can, however, call and waitlist for F if it is a two-cabin RJ). This seems like a terrible policy to pretty much everyone except the decision makers at UA, but it is policy.
Yes, thanks. My earlier 'yes' was responding to the question, 'Is this the correct application of the policy?', which it turns out isn't exactly what was asked.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: UAL,AA, Marriott Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
I have a probably dumb question. When time in the am does the next day open up? I remember back in 2012 I got up at 4am Central time and would do a practice run of booking F to HNL from ORD. So when my night came, I did get 2 First and 3 coach at the lowest point rate. What time does UAL do that? I have looked at a lot of days and ZERO of them show F 40K or 45K or 50K seats to OGG. Every day I only see 90K which you can get anytime. I just wanted to see if those even exist. Looking to go to OGG for 20th wedding anniversary and would like to you miles if possible.

Anyway, AA seemed easy in the end, wondering if UAL is harder to get that nonstop from ORD to OGG in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.