Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Did my ticket red flag UA to adjust the price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

I recently purchased a one-way ticket from Vancouver to PPT for the inaugural. Full J fare came to $3000 one way, much less than starting in SFO. I held the ticket, and then went online to pay for the following day. But it came up with a bunch of errors and didn’t want to ticket. I called United.com and they held my hand through to get the ticket at the honored price. Took about an hour, and many calls between United.com in the rate desk occurred.

The following day, I did little comparison shopping. The price was pulled from Vancouver to PPT. Today, A new price for about $7000 is listed.

is this increase my doing?

Last edited by zrs70; Dec 21, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:19 pm

$3000 one-way in business for a 4,989 mile route is not expensive, but it's also not price-mistake-type cheap. United adjusts fares constantly. I doubt a $3000 one-way J fare was some sort of red flag.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
More likely the reason for the problems you had ticketing was that the original fare had been removed. That could have been due to it being an incorrectly entered fare, but it's probably more likely it was just a general day-to-day change or even matching a competitors fare sale that had ended.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Full J one-way sounds cheap for $3k. Nicely done for 300% PQM. Could very well be that UA discovered they needed to adjust that price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.