Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Would you pay $138.0 and milage run LGA-ORD for 2 RPU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you pay $138.0 and milage run LGA-ORD for 2 RPU

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by sfo789
Definitely go for it. Nice enough run, Cent at LGA is great, decent odds of a VDB (all else equal), and RPUs at a price of $69 each. When you consider that's below the ToD offer on even BOS-EWR, that's got to be worth it.
I am not experiencing any difference between CPU and the use of an RPU. If a RPU would have cleared, so would the CPU. I think they are becoming meaningless. The TOD upgrade is the new modus operandi. Forget about anything else, as UA has decided to toss loyalty earned with things like these mileage runs and weekly 1K flying to the wind.

Last edited by tryathlete; Nov 29, 2017 at 7:14 pm Reason: Mistake
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:35 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Don't forget you'll also be getting somewhere around 1200 redeemable miles as well and the 1300 toward a Million Mile tier if you're chasing that as well.

...Not to mention a lovely meal at the Centurion Lounge.

Yeah, I'd do it.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I value RPUs at $150 since that is what I see TOD on most flights- but that is for guaranteed. And if you buy up to a higher fare, you get 2x miles on that segment.

Considering all that, I'd say that it would be a wash. If you have a quick trip you want to take, or are hankerin' for some deep dish pizza, take the trip
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

I booked it. Have 20 mins in ORD
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Good choice/decision.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Billiken
Good choice/decision.
I will get 4 hours in at the centution lounge and have a solo xmas party.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by tryathlete
I am not experiencing any difference between CPU and the use of an RPU. If a RPU would have cleared, so would the RPU.
This. Short of open R on p.s. or long-haul Hawaii, I use my RPUs to get friends/family "CPUed" on their travels.

I can see value in your first two RPUs, but the real question is what's the marginal value of the 5th and 6th ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.