Wiki Posts
Search

Breezed Thru EWR Security TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Breezed Thru EWR Security TODAY?

Not sure where to post this, and didn't see any related thread, but today... Sunday after big holiday... no lines in EWR terminal C!!! I have a flight to LIS at 8:20pm tonight. Checking TSA wait times websites 3:45pm I see anywhere from 45 min to 90 min in C. I decide to leave home early and am ready for long snaking lines. NJ transit and AirTran packed with travelers, but at TSA PreCheck... not a single person on line. There wer 4 desks open with just a couple of people at 2 of them. (This is the Security just past the AirTran). Now I'm not complaining, and maybe I hit it at just the right time, but I was more than a little surprised at the lack of crowds. That's not to say the UA club near 75 wasn't packed to the gills, and the rest of C was similarly filled with home bound travelers, but just odd getting thru Security so fast.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I've been through C Pre security twice in the last fortnight and had zero wait. Some combination of higher staffing levels and the automated bag bins has significantly sped it up. Can't believe I'm saying this but EWR precheck is now quicker than SFO...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:43 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well that’s good. Unfortunately can’t say the same about LGA today. Was flying out at 8am this morning and they decided the best thing to do was to have no priority or pre check line, all 3 security lines in terminal B were normal screening. Took 30 minutes to get through when it normally takes less then 5 minutes.
In theory their logic makes sense, there probably were more non status once a year flyers traveling today then a normal Sunday, but makes all 3 lines general screening was just dumb.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:09 pm

I go thru C terminal TSAPre at least 30 times per year for the past few years, it used to suck but for past year.....zero wait.....never take more than 5-10 minutes.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
1-2 hours before early morning and evening banks are usually the worst.

May have ran into to the worst times, but I have been using Premier Access lines a lot recently.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
1-2 hours before early morning and evening banks are usually the worst.

May have ran into to the worst times, but I have been using Premier Access lines a lot recently.
I've found lately even when TSA Pre is really long at EWR, it's deceptively quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.