Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flying United on a Holiday . . . .any special Holiday amenities offered onboard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying United on a Holiday . . . .any special Holiday amenities offered onboard?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I was kinda hoping for a Thanksgiving meal today (EWR-NRT) but it’s the standard Polaris menu.

Members who have been here a while will recall @PremEx’s mini Christmas Tree that graced many a galley over the years.
Ha! We were on the same flight! My family and I were in 5A, D and G. Sometimes I wish FTer's had lapel pins or something. Yeh - I was hoping the same thing, but no dice. At least the new 777-300 is nice.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I flew fom London to San Fransisco on Thanksgiving, and as I usually do when travelling on a holiday, took along a couple of bags of chocolates for the flight attendants.

Turned out to be an all London based crew, but it didn't matter. The level of service on board that day was suoerb, a truly personal service. Mind you, it helped that there was only 35 in economy.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Acastus
Ha! We were on the same flight! My family and I were in 5A, D and G. Sometimes I wish FTer's had lapel pins or something. Yeh - I was hoping the same thing, but no dice. At least the new 777-300 is nice.
We were farther back in the aft J cabin; 15D/G. I have yellow FlyerTalk luggage tags on my carry-on luggage and do try and keep an eye out for them when travelling. I agree the ride over was nice. We're flying back on DL's A350 BusinessOne Suites and are looking forward to making the comparison.

Safe travels!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:25 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
the us airline motto "you will get there." that is what you get. and if you're booked on aa...well.....

http://www.blahairlines.com/
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Plat*G | SPG G | Mar GE
I've taken the last flight home on Xmas Eve with my family every year for the past 10 years. I think everyone from TSA to the FAs are as festive as you are, so I always try to be extra happy/say Happy Holiday's/ etc. Sometimes I bring them treats too (especially in first, which is super easy to upgrade to on Xmas Eve btw).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by phkc070408
I was just wondering if they offer holiday specific meals in premium cabins.
Has anyone come across a holiday specific meal in F or J either today or in the past? (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas?)
Not holiday but there was a taste of chicago menu in domestic F with eli cheesecake for dessert during the taste of chicago week when PMUA was a major sponsor in taste of chicago, well PMUA was chicago‘s hometown airline anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Richym99
I flew fom London to San Fransisco on Thanksgiving, and as I usually do when travelling on a holiday, took along a couple of bags of chocolates for the flight attendants.

Turned out to be an all London based crew, but it didn't matter. The level of service on board that day was suoerb, a truly personal service. Mind you, it helped that there was only 35 in economy.
Actually, in my experience, it does matter. The four words I most like to hear upon boarding is a warm welcome to UA flight xxx from your "London Based Flight Crew". I instantly know it will be a good flight.
truncated likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.