Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Get mile credits for Olympic Air flights?

Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
A3 Ticketed but operated by Olympic - Earn MileagePlus Miles?

Hi,

I flew on Olympic operated flight recently - A3 ticket and code share. Am I eligible to earn UA Miles? Website seems mute as to whether Olympic as an A3 subsidiary would qualify or not.

Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:08 am

Do I get mile credits for Olympic Air flights with MileagePlus? Olympic Air is owned by Aegean Airlines. However, Olympic Air is not listed as a Star Alliance member.

Thanks much for your help and have a nice day.
Olaf
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:56 am

I've seen Olympic-operated Aegean-coded flights being offered through UA as award flights. However, I am not sure about accrual, especially if the flights are coded as OA, rather than as A3.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
I have had them credit but they were coded exclusively as A3. Tickets were purchased on the A3 website and an OA flight number was never seen, even at the gate where only the A3 flight number was visible, but the aircraft and crew were certainly OA. It seemed to be a bit like the relationship between UA and the various UX carriers. YMMV.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Agree, I took a Olympic-coded flight booked directly which didn't earn despite entering my ffp thus it must be A3 codeshared.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:41 pm

Thanks everyone. I assume with A3 you mean Aegean Airline. Below is the response from MileagePlus. So next time I will buy the tickets from the Aegean instead of the Olympic web site.

Happy Travel
Olaf

We’re always glad to hear from MileagePlus members like you. Thanks for writing.

We are unable to process your request for mileage accrual. The airline you flew (Olympic Air) is not a partner in the MileagePlus program.

Please visit the Airline Partners and Global Alliances page to see a list of our airline partners.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:05 am
Suspended

Aegean Airlines credit to MileagePlus

I think the answer is no, but I thought I would ask the experts.

I booked, via united.com, ticketed on 016 ticket stock, in Y class, a flight from ATH to JTR (Santorini).

On the UA website (as well as Aegean's website) all the flights seem to, "Aegean Airlines for Olympic," however most are operated by Aegean aircraft. I specifically booked flights that were Operated by A3.

Has anyone successfully credited an A3 flight, operated by A3 for Olympic, ticketed on 016, to MileagePlus? Or at the very least, received Star Gold benefits while flying A3?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
I was unable to get the UA missing-mileage credit page to accept an Aegean number, operated by Olympic, flight. Booked through Aegean website, and the ATH-HER confirmation said A3 7320 operated by Olympic Air. Ticket stock was 390 (Aegean). However my boarding pass listed the flight # as OA 320. So I'm guessing this may not work, as United generally looks at the operating carrier for determining credit.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pfbloom
... So I'm guessing this may not work, as United generally looks at the operating carrier for determining credit.
For all *A carrier programs, it is based on flight operator. Flight number does not matter. Only *A operated flights earn PQMs. UA MP RDMs can be earned by a few non-*A MP partner carriers.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
I took flights operated by Olympic in 2014 and 2015 that credited PQM and RDM to my MP account as Aegean flights without problem. I even got the 500 mile elite minimum. The tickets were purchased directly from Aegean (so no PQD) and in each case the Olympic flight was part of a longer itinerary such as XXX-ATH-YYY-ATH-XXX with the ATH-YYY-ATH segments operated by Olympic and the XXX-ATH and ATH-XXX segments operated by Aegean. It seemed to me that the relationship between Olympic and Aegean was not unlike that between UAX and UA.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:14 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
This October, I checked with Aegean, and they confirmed that Olympic-operated segments did not qualify for mileage credit on UA, since OA is not part of *A. That has not prevented UA from refusing to credit my A3-operated segments as well (still pressing them on this...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.