Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refuse an Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jsloan
That display is not to be trusted. You're not supposed to have jumped up, and there's a good chance you didn't. Sadly, for three-class planes, it seems that the list doesn't match what the computer actually does.

It'd be nice if the agent had called you up to let you know that the only available seat was an aisle and asked if you wanted it. Unfortunately, not all agents will do that, as you discovered.

The only available upgrade was a MIDDLE seat not even aisle.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:34 am

I have a TATL itinerary tomorrow. First segment is domestic and I’m #1 on the upgrade list with 2 bulkhead seats not assigned. Currently have an exit row seat which I much prefer over a bulkhead. I’m #3 on the TATL upgrade list with 8 seats unassigned. I called yesterday and asked an agent to remove the CPU request for the domestic leg, which she said she did. I’m still showing as #1 on the domestic upgrade list with the CPU request in place.

Should I call and request it be removed again? I still have about 28 hours before my 1st leg, but I don’t want to do anything that might impact the other upgrade requests.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You can definitely ask to be removed from CPU consideration for that one segment.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:40 am

Thanks, I thought so. However, after 3 calls trying to accomplish this, I’m giving up.

Call #1 yesterday, resulted in no change.

Call #2, 10 minutes ago, the agent removed me from the domestic segment AND the TATL segments. I emphasized several times that I only wanted to be removed from the domestic segment upgrade list. She confirmed that was what she did.

Call #3 , 5 minutes ago, I explained the whole situation to the 3rd agent and she got me reinstated to the TATL segment. But, now I’m also back on the domestic segment list!!!

I’m afraid to try again because who knows what would happen next. 🤷‍♂️
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
the agent removed me from the domestic segment AND the TATL segments .
I would not touch it for this exact reason and if you clear into the bulkhead go up to just about anyone in coach and offer to switch seats.
canadiancow and findark like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I have a TATL itinerary tomorrow. First segment is domestic and I’m #1 on the upgrade list with 2 bulkhead seats not assigned. Currently have an exit row seat which I much prefer over a bulkhead. I’m #3 on the TATL upgrade list with 8 seats unassigned. I called yesterday and asked an agent to remove the CPU request for the domestic leg, which she said she did. I’m still showing as #1 on the domestic upgrade list with the CPU request in place.

Should I call and request it be removed again? I still have about 28 hours before my 1st leg, but I don’t want to do anything that might impact the other upgrade requests.
Experience tells me the those open seats will be occupied prior to door closure.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT United forum has a few FAs and pilots who are occasional posters. It would be nice if an experienced phone agent was a regular contributor to add knowledge in these cases. Someone who could actually explain the process so we can explain it to a less experienced agent - agents probably don’t get too many requests to be removed from CPU list. I definitely have had success in being removed from CPU consideration for a particular segment while being left in place for another.

I may be strange, but I have zero interest in a CPU from a E+ window seat to a single-aisle F seat on a red eye Hawaii to West Coast. I can lean against the window to sleep better in E than in F on narrow-bodies. So yeah, CPU me LAX-LAS, but no thanks for that redeye HNL-LAX CPU

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 29, 2022 at 11:14 am
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Experience tells me the those open seats will be occupied prior to door closure.
One of those formerly open Polaris seats on the TATL segment is definitely going to be occupied ……… by me. Just got the upgrade notification.
IAH-OIL-TRASH and United747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.