Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RPU and fare class (feel free to merge to the right thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I am searching domestic flights WAS - LAX and get a somewhat strange result from the booking engine.

When I search without the "RPU upgrade" option selected, the lowest (non-"basic") economy is priced at, say, $120 for the first leg. When I search the same route with "RPU upgrade" selected, the same leg is priced at $150. The total ticket price is appropriately higher too.

There is R3-R5 availability depending on the date.

The cheaper option shows booking class K. If I book that, would I be able to apply an RPU after booking (and get confirmed, as presumably R space is available)? Or do I have to book the more expensive option (and if so- why)?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by br2k
...The cheaper option shows booking class K. If I book that, would I be able to apply an RPU after booking (and get confirmed, as presumably R space is available)?...
Yes, should work. You'll have 24 hours to make sure this is the case.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by br2k

The cheaper option shows booking class K. If I book that, would I be able to apply an RPU after booking (and get confirmed, as presumably R space is available)? Or do I have to book the more expensive option (and if so- why)?
Sounds like .bomb issues

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yes, should work. You'll have 24 hours to make sure this is the case.
Ya, just in case you have the 24 hour rule to cancel and get your money back, but as I-O-T mentioned, should work with lower class / price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.