Misleading Premium Saver Award search

Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Misleading Premium Saver Award search

This has bugged me for a while though I have never seen it discussed here.

Searching for premium cabin saver inventory using the calendar view frequently returns days where only mixed cabin availability is present. In cases where HNL-SFO and SFO-IAD is available but the final IAD-ORF is single cabin, I get it. Much more frequently, it is the opposite: only the chip shot is available. You then have to individually search every possible itinerary to see if any is real (and for Hawaii to CONUS and TRANSCONs, it frequently isn't).

Is there a better way to search for actual real availability?
jtet likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:48 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Been a gripe of mine for years since they downgraded to the exCon interface. Ha! At least you're getting it without going out of your way or making a ridiculous stop to show at least one segment in F. I see it all the time "Premium Space Available Every Day" between ORD-OGG", with routing like:

ORD-BNA (First Class)
BNA-SFO (Economy)
SFO-OGG/HNL/LIH (Economy)

I've also seen it closer to the west coast, a very common one is:

HNL/OGG/LIH-SFO (Economy)
SFO-SMF (First)
SMF-ORD (Economy)

Works internationally too!

ORD-YYZ (First)
YYZ-Shanghai (Economy)

For those not 'up' on airport codes, BNA is Nashville, TN (1 hour flight from ORD) and SMF is Sacramento, CA (50 minute flight from SFO). YYZ is Toronto.

It's actually stupid. I can't think of a more befitting term, but nothing is more descriptive than STUPID.
jtet likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.