Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 26, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I think I've suggested this before but it's crucial to have United offer SFO-DUB. Aer Lingus is not acceptable.
jasonp622 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 19, 11:45 am

IAD - BHM. I know they've talked about adding more IAD banks, but would be nice if they filled all 4 current banks and added new destinations.
Old Jul 26, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MostlyUA View Post
I think I've suggested this before but it's crucial to have United offer SFO-DUB. Aer Lingus is not acceptable.
I feel like this could be like SFO-AMS - a seasonal add at first, with full-year potential depending on the outcome of Brexit. Not sure what plane would really be optimal for the route, though, since none of the 767s fly ex-SFO.
Old Jul 27, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Plat, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
With gates potentially opening up at EWR, Terminal A, would like to see:

EWR-BDL
and
EWR-AVP

re-instated.
I will also take a restoration of EWR-MHT.
Old Jul 27, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post

I feel like this could be like SFO-AMS - a seasonal add at first, with full-year potential depending on the outcome of Brexit. Not sure what plane would really be optimal for the route, though, since none of the 767s fly ex-SFO.
Seeing as EI has just 30J and no PE, I’d go for the retrofitted 788 (low J) with 28J and 21P+. That should syphon off the premium pax.

That’s of course if UA chooses to do it. With EI looking to join the AA/BA joint venture I suspect the relationship with UA will be cut. And hence a good chance, though a “no deal” Brexit could send the Irish economy into free fall ending all DUB-WestCoasts.
Old Jul 27, 19, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MostlyUA View Post
I agree. Aer Lingus needs competition.
jasonp622 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 19, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aer Lingus has a lot of pharma/biotech and high tech from the Bay Area. I’d expect this C/Si route to be successful year round.
Old Jul 28, 19, 6:55 am

ORD-DEL probably could be done by a 772, and it would fit in with Ua’s strategy of adding routes from hubs to existing destinations. Not sure if they’d do it, though - I feel like ORD has gotten neglected on new international routes for some time (e.g. a bit surprised ORD-TLV has not been launched).

I think ORD-BOM would be more complicated given the geographic routing + no 787s based in ORD.
UA claims they have 47 international flights from ORD though a significant number of arrivals are pre-cleared (mostly Canada flights). I think it will remain "starved" until ORD gets more gate capacity for INTL arrivals. Supposedly the T5 expansion is underway with the plan to move all of DL's operations to T5. It will be interesting to see if any of the new gates will also be used for greater INTL arrivals capacity,. The new T2 for *A and OW is still quite a few years off before opening.
Old Aug 3, 19, 12:11 pm

IAH-AKL or DEN-AKL would be interesting. The former more because it would provide a further east jumping-off spot to get to NZ, while the latter would be an interesting play for Denverites to go skiing in the Southern Alps during their winter, and vice versa. I highly doubt either is likely nonetheless.
Nayef likes this.
Old Aug 3, 19, 1:33 pm

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
IAH-AKL or DEN-AKL would be interesting. The former more because it would provide a further east jumping-off spot to get to NZ, while the latter would be an interesting play for Denverites to go skiing in the Southern Alps during their winter, and vice versa. I highly doubt either is likely nonetheless.
I would love DEN-AKL as an unlikely as it would be. The ski-factor shouldn’t be downplayed and UA would absolutely make a killing out of it.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nayef View Post

I would love DEN-AKL as an unlikely as it would be. The ski-factor shouldn’t be downplayed and UA would absolutely make a killing out of it.
I would love it, it could also allow many east coast connections to it vs have to trans con first
Nayef likes this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:13 pm

SEA-NYC in a P.S. configuration on the redeye. Jetblue is the only airline even attempting to compete in the premium market on this very long trans-con. DL throws out a single premium 757 per day but doesn't schedule it on the redeye.
Old Aug 5, 19, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by augs View Post
SEA-NYC in a P.S. configuration on the redeye. Jetblue is the only airline even attempting to compete in the premium market on this very long trans-con. DL throws out a single premium 757 per day but doesn't schedule it on the redeye.
UA was running 1x sCO 752 on SEA-EWR and SAN-EWR when B6 first started Mint on these routes. It didn’t stick, unsurprisingly. I do hope UA makes a good number of their MAX 10s with lie-flats, as opposed to standard recliner seating.
Old Aug 5, 19, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
EWR-DME.

A boy can (continue to) dream!
Santander likes this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P

UA was running 1x sCO 752 on SEA-EWR and SAN-EWR when B6 first started Mint on these routes. It didn’t stick, unsurprisingly. I do hope UA makes a good number of their MAX 10s with lie-flats, as opposed to standard recliner seating.
I'm not so familiar with those markets -- why was that unsurprising? (I would've thought that SEA, at least, should have a good chance for this to work -- strong economy, tech companies, etc)

Search this Thread