Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
I'm 1k EWR based w/ flight in/out of EWR and requested a reso with zero problems.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
“Two amazing lounges at EWR”? Surely hyperbole
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee
Dined here two days ago - I am 1K and had to request an invite didn't get one. Any international business traveller with Polaris access should not set foot here. Nor anyone wanting a good, full meal. Prices are high and while the space is quiet the food quality is not great - certainly not superior to the Polaris lounge - and dare I say subpar for a meal that can set you back $150 easily.

Place was empty at 1pm - one other table. Regardless took forever to get a drink (20 minutes for a glass of wine) and food took a good 30 minutes between courses.

This is really not a premium experience either. Ordered a tableside Negroni and got an Old Fashioned. French Onion Soup was lukewarm. Filet Mignon was not tender at all and the "bearnaise" sauce they serve with it tasted more like movie theater popcorn - all for $59. The TV screens and loud music don't scream "exclusive" either. Tip is taken immediately at time of order and you'll never see anyone after that again.

Ultimately the food quality has to be better for these prices - the space and the relative quiet has something going for it. But with two amazing lounges now at EWR there's really zero need to come here. The concept either needs to seriously up the food quality or else it needs to be rethought completely - I wouldn't come back in its current state.
My experience at Classsified is more or less the same as yours! If I fly Polaris, then I see no point in even thinking about this place
Xyzzy, ibreak4coffee and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Now I’m curious… On what basis were your wife and son invited?
Originally Posted by angetenar
I'm pretty sure you need some level of status to make a reservation, but I guess you can make the reservation for other people?

Wife is 1K through my MM perk.
I just went to the website and booked there.

Ironically, every time I've tried that for myself in the past it was declined.....maybe they somehow know that I am stingy compared to my wife!

Added: just for kicks I checked, and I have been 'granted' access now also. Maybe they're not as strict as they used to be as to who they let in....

Last edited by narvik; Mar 13, 2023 at 1:24 pm
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by narvik
Wife is 1K through my MM perk.
I just went to the website and booked there.

Ironically, every time I've tried that for myself in the past it was declined.....maybe they somehow know that I am stingy compared to my wife!

Added: just for kicks I checked, and I have been 'granted' access now also. Maybe they're not as strict as they used to be as to who they let in....
Wait when did you try in the past? I was able to make a reservation for myself as a gold or something sometime last year
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by angetenar
Wait when did you try in the past? I was able to make a reservation for myself as a gold or something sometime last year
Ages ago, I am talking years.
Like others mentioned, with Polaris lounge access, the need is diminished.
SPN Lifer and ibreak4coffee like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by sapguy
My experience at Classsified is more or less the same as yours! If I fly Polaris, then I see no point in even thinking about this place
Honestly even the new United Club lounge is on par with the quality at Classified.

Despite the others in this thread throwing out old smug cliches, the lounges at Newark now are of a standard that paying $100+ for a meal is not worth it. If you avoid the 5-8pm rush at Polaris, its even as quiet there if you look hard enough

But listen - if you want quiet and don't mind paying money you dont have to in the lounges, there's nothing wrong with Classified.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
UC Day Pass is $60. The Prime Rib Dip is ... $28+tip at Classified? So, all things considered I'd much rather just go to Classified and have what amounts to an excellent sandwich and view with some peace and quiet.

Now, if I had a UC membership, maybe I'd just go to a UC, but I figure for the price of a UC membership you could have 15 meals at Classified and still come out ahead.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee
Honestly even the new United Club lounge is on par with the quality at Classified.

Despite the others in this thread throwing out old smug cliches, the lounges at Newark now are of a standard that paying $100+ for a meal is not worth it. If you avoid the 5-8pm rush at Polaris, its even as quiet there if you look hard enough

But listen - if you want quiet and don't mind paying money you dont have to in the lounges, there's nothing wrong with Classified.
The only lounge (non PL) in EWR is great as a lounge but for a meal 'meh'. If I want a quite meal Classified works fine, but who goes to an airport for a quiet meal?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Is the Chase Card still comping meals? If I knew it was my turn, I wouldn't be unreasonable - just two items off the menu.

AXE-HANDLE RIBEYE La Frieda Prime, Dry-Aged, 32 oz $122
REMY MARTIN LOUIS XIII COGNAC $240
global_b and tcdtcd like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
The only lounge (non PL) in EWR is great as a lounge but for a meal 'meh'. If I want a quite meal Classified works fine, but who goes to an airport for a quiet meal?
Those with long international to domestic connections? People with time to kill because the schedule out of EWR can sometimes be oddly horrible?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GS, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, ITC Platinum
Anyone else locked out of Classified Reservations at EWR?

Classified reservations server seemed to be down for a few days, and now it tells me I am no eligible, and placed on a waitlist... never seen this before as a Global Services... did the criteria change?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by uncleb
Classified reservations server seemed to be down for a few days, and now it tells me I am no eligible, and placed on a waitlist... never seen this before as a Global Services... did the criteria change?
Classified is not a special GS perk.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GS, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, ITC Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Classified is not a special GS perk.
Understood, but I have always been able to reserve since it opened, never an issue, never a "waitlist" screen, so it seems something has changed...
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am currently able to access it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.