Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
Sadly, I don't believe they do. It wasn't advertised, didn't show up on my receipt, and when I just checked my statement, there was just the total charge and the usual 2 miles / dollar for restaurant purchases. No separate statement credit or discount.

IIRC, didn't other OTG restaurants in EWR also used to offer a discount? I can recall scanning my BP at the tablets and paying with my UA card and getting something (15%?) off, but didn't see that option when grabbing a beer on Sunday during my return trip.
Sometimes it takes some time to show up, though, I think. While there's still hope, it wouldn't be surprising if that nice little perk is gone. Took some of the sting out of those prices....
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Nothing about that experience says, "first class", and we don't need more phone noises disturbing us while dining.
Neither was the iPad ordering system that they had before.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by as219
Sometimes it takes some time to show up, though, I think. While there's still hope, it wouldn't be surprising if that nice little perk is gone. Took some of the sting out of those prices....
if you create an account in the order system and put your MP in, you do get a discount. Want to say it was 20%.
Only managed to get the required confirmation code after order the main course so only got that for some refills.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:35 pm

Had a very good lunch there today. Compliment of the chef was a cucumber cream cheese smoked salmon with everything bagel spice. Steak tartar was very good. I savored every bite. I would go again.

Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:42 pm

The totally unadorned arugula with the crab cake is a little odd.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by desafino
Classified's version of "fancy".

David
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by exerda

Overall, I enjoyed the meal, and I'd go back next time and try some other items on the menu.
Glad to see a post from you -- it's been a long time! I will try out Classified next week on our trip to France for holiday -- my wife just won't suffer through another Polaris lounge "war for food" at EWR again lol....
exerda and zombietooth like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:47 am

Classified @ EWR Question

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this inquiry.

Made a reservation at Classified mainly because it was available to me. I might not keep it. Would payment for my meal there code as a United lounge type of fee or dining? I have the Chase Ritz Carlton CC with a small annual travel credit balance I wanted to zero out.

Flying out of EWR tomorrow with no UA status. I do have OTP's for the United Club, but in case it's too crowded in the late afternoon, I thought I would spend some time at Classified as a plan B.

TIA
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by spanky28

Made a reservation at Classified mainly because it was available to me. I might not keep it. Would payment for my meal there code as a United lounge type of fee or dining? I have the Chase Ritz Carlton CC with a small annual travel credit balance I wanted to zero out.

Flying out of EWR tomorrow with no UA status. I do have OTP's for the United Club, but in case it's too crowded in the late afternoon, I thought I would spend some time at Classified as a plan B.

TIA
No, since it's run by OTG, so it's going to show up as a standard restaurant charge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spanky28

TIA
No, but you do get cashback when paying with UA credit cards.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Went to Classified after about 3 years. They've definitely upped their game a bit, and the prices to go with it, not that it was ever cheap. I checked out the new EWR UC, and it didn't take me long to decide to do Classified instead. Had the sliders, which were solid, and a pretty decent creme brulee. The rare spirits cart, as others have noted, is pretty impressive, but $1,000 for a glass, even of Balvenie 1973, is about $990 above what I'm willing to pay. Pascal, who was my server, and is the only person remaining from the previous iteration of Classified (allegedly) was amazing. I wouldn't do this every time, given the pricing, but if I want a solid meal, or just an escape from the crowds, looks like it continues to be a great option.

It did still say I would get 20% off with my UA credit card, but no sign of that 20% yet. It used to show up directly on the tablet when they had those.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by desafino
I think that's beef tartare (mentioned at top of post).
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I think that's beef tartare (mentioned at top of post).
I had the steak tartar and the arugula was unadorned but that made sense and went well with the dish, can be seen in post 598.
The crabcake with similar naked arugula is in post 591.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdad
I had the steak tartar and the arugula was unadorned but that made sense and went well with the dish, can be seen in post 598.
The crabcake with similar naked arugula is in post 591.
Ah, perhaps desafino was referring to that, although given the crabcake has a sauce, I think it makes sense there too.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Gold
Got my invite yesterday. Haven't been here in a couple years, after reading these reviews, makes me tempted to try it after my upcoming flight.

I was surprised a lowly Gold would get "invited" to "Classified" tbh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.