Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 767-300 Version 2 (30/184) - Polaris non-HD
30 Polaris 46 E+ 138 E-

AeroLOPA view: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-76a

AVOID Polaris:
7A, 7L does not have a window.

Recommended E+ seats:
21DEF (middle seats) have extra legroom as an emergency crossover row. Note that 21AB and KL have limited recline.
22AB and KL have extra legroom but may be cold.
40AB, 41AB are crew-rest seats. If available (usually T-24), they have a footrest and extra recline.

Related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Continental
How is 22K?

I have not been on a 763 In quite a while Flying ewr to mad.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi,

Is there a link for the version that has 18 rows in 1st and has the Premium Plus (row 20-23) . thx
Old May 20, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Is there a link for the version that has 18 rows in 1st and has the Premium Plus (row 20-23)
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP
simonoaks likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I did not have many options on my flight yesterday (ORD-LHR) as I had done rolling SDC to the flight, but unless you have really, really short legs do not sit in row 16. No room to stretch your legs.

Also, very small overhead bins over the center seats. Many carryon only fit in the overhead over the window seats and some people were far from their items.
Agreed, row 16 should be treated like E-, just like row 20 on the 752 (pmUA). It was quite a miserable seat, I would have taken any seat in E-
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:11 pm

I am having trouble looking for seating information related to version 1 of this plane. Before they renovated. Does anyone have a link to the correct post?
New to forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Cant post link to plane.. due to first post...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL0500
I am having trouble looking for seating information related to version 1 of this plane. Before they renovated. Does anyone have a link to the correct post?

New to forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Cant post link to plane.. due to first post...
Welcome to flyertalk!

Are you looking for this thread?
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

The full list of 'where to sit' threads is in the wiki here:
Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads

That link is in the gigantic master wiki here:
United MileagePlus Master Wiki
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:10 pm

Thank you! Exactly what I am looking for. Appreciate the help and the links!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is there any meaningful difference between, say, 3A and 3L? I'll be flying this aircraft for the first time Thursday.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Kacee
Is there any meaningful difference between, say, 3A and 3L? I'll be flying this aircraft for the first time Thursday.
Your table will be on opposite side, so I suppose could make a difference of convenience depending if you are lefty or righty?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Your table will be on opposite side, so I suppose could make a difference of convenience depending if you are lefty or righty?
Good point. I was thinking about the relation to the center seats across the aisle, and whether A side or L side feels more private.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
Good point. I was thinking about the relation to the center seats across the aisle, and whether A side or L side feels more private.
no difference
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA, VS
My wife was in 3L recently, it's a very good seat nicely hidden away with 3 windows. I was in 4L and felt quite close to the person in 3F across the aisle (the centre seats are a row back).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Tried searching this as I can’t imagine it’s the first time but nothing turned up.

flying with my family tomorrow on this configuration from LHR to ORD. My wife is sitting with our infant daughter in 6L, my son behind her 7L and I’m in 7F, either side of the aisle, anyone have any experience with this? He’s 3... I didn’t even know that a kid that young was allowed to sit alone? Quirk of the 1x1x1 I guess.
Does this seem like the most optimum set up to help both my wife and son?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA, VS
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Tried searching this as I can’t imagine it’s the first time but nothing turned up.

flying with my family tomorrow on this configuration from LHR to ORD. My wife is sitting with our infant daughter in 6L, my son behind her 7L and I’m in 7F, either side of the aisle, anyone have any experience with this? He’s 3... I didn’t even know that a kid that young was allowed to sit alone? Quirk of the 1x1x1 I guess.
Does this seem like the most optimum set up to help both my wife and son?
I recently travelled with my wife from LHR to ORD and it's not an ideal configuration for couples, so with two young kids it's going to be interesting! On the L window side, the odd seats are more secluded by the window, so it would probably make more sense for your wife to have 7L with your infant daughter. If your son is there he'd be very hidden away.

There's a photo of 6L with 7L behind here on Business Insider.

Another quirk is that the centre seats on the starboard side are effective one row back, so your 7F will be almost opposite 8L. So if I was in your situation I'd be looking to try to move your even seat from 6L to 8L, then your 7F will be very much opposite 8L where your son could sit.

So you'd have:

7L: Wife and infant
7F: You
8L: Son

Obviously the flight could be full and you'll not have this option, but just my thoughts.

Please let me know how it goes. For our trip we have the pleasure of leaving our 4 and 2 year old with the grandparents for a few days as I was travelling for work and my wife had the opportunity to travel with me at the expense of the company.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Thank you! I’ll let you know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.