Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 767-300 Version 2 (30/184) - Polaris non-HD
30 Polaris 46 E+ 138 E-

AeroLOPA view: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-76a

AVOID Polaris:
7A, 7L does not have a window.

Recommended E+ seats:
21DEF (middle seats) have extra legroom as an emergency crossover row. Note that 21AB and KL have limited recline.
22AB and KL have extra legroom but may be cold.
40AB, 41AB are crew-rest seats. If available (usually T-24), they have a footrest and extra recline.

Related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by warreng24
21DEF is also unique in that there's monitors on the back of 20DEF, and there's monitors that pull out from the arm rests (under the tray tables). So, if it was all working, I think you could watch two different things at the same time.
How would the audio work?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by findark
Yeah, I mean I've even done D/G pair on the four-block of a 772 (no side pairs left, to the bafflement of the other pax who ended up in the middle), but that doesn't mean most couples wouldn't prefer a pair of seats together. Your SO's personal space tends to be a more comfortable border than a wall
Yes, I agree on any other UA configuration I would prefer to sit next to my SO vs someone else, however on this config it is impossible to rub elbows with your neighbor, if it were my spouse and I we would take 2 windows in front of each other.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hopefully, you're not thinking of lie-flat type of "full recline". "Full recline" in this context is the normal 4" E+ recline, versus 3" regular E recline or limited/zero recline due to bulkhead or exit row behind. Don't expect a E+ lie-flat.
The lie-flat type of "full recline" is exactly what I thought of when I read the post. So, it's the "normal" recline for an e+ seat. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
As g/f and I will be on this bird (#6449) tomorrow, and will be sitting in E+, I am trying to get an understanding of what we know about the seats.

16 A-L (Bulkhead Seats) : Is there restricted legroom?
20 A-L (Row in front of exit row) : Is there limited recline?
21 A,B,K,L (Sides of plane, first exit row): Is there limited recline? I know sometimes exit row seats are also shortened, any knowledge there?
21 DEF (Middle of plane, exit row - According to Warreng24 (below) ): Significant pitch (up to 48"), Full recline, non-movable armrest where tray table on 21D is on the left, 21 E on the right (also assume 21 F is on the right). But between D and E, movable armrest.) Also, double televisions - back of 20, and stowable ones under the armrest.
22 A,B,K,L (Sides of plane, second exit row): Should be full recline? Any adjustments to the seats?

I will report back after I fly, but any intel now that could help pick the best seat would be great.

Originally Posted by warreng24
Note that 21DE is the very last row of E+ in the center section. The row numbers don't align all the away across the aircraft. 22AB and 22KL are the last rows of E+ on the left and right sides.
The reason I pick 21DE is that: 1) You get the best legroom of E+ due to the alignment of the exit rows. There's got to be at least 48" of pitch in this row, 2) Full recline. 3)The tray tables is in the arm rest, EXCEPT for 21DE. 21D's non-movable arm rest is on the left side where as 21E's non-movable arm rest is on the right side. So in between is a movable (normal) armrest. Other notes: 21DEF is also unique in that there's monitors on the back of 20DEF, and there's monitors that pull out from the arm rests (under the tray tables). So, if it was all working, I think you could watch two different things at the same time.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So a quick report back:
20 DEF appear to have a full recline.
20 AB and KL definitely have a limited recline.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Recommend F (center odd) in J, and 1F if you don’t mind galley/lavs

Just boarded UA70 with the new config, seated in 1F. Observations:

1) Center odd (F) seats have substantially more space than the sides or 77T config. (I think this is by virtue of being straight but open to the right aisle; you get back the space that on a 77T would be the access to the left aisle. The D seats are not larger.) There is a much larger side-well to the inside of the seat, and the marble counter is far enough that it’s quite a reach for the FA. Generous space and not claustrophobic; enough that I had space for the bed flat and my personal bag in the space. Unless you really want privacy or a window, go with the center odd (F) seats.

2) The footwell in row 1 is as wide as the seat, which means a great deal more space. The only galley and forward lavs are ahead, though, so this could be bothersome if you’re not a sound sleeper.

3) There is still a coat closet, in the forward galley/lav section.

Overall, I think 1F on the 76A is the best J seat United has flying right now.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by JeredF; Jan 19, 2018 at 5:20 am Reason: Revised observations
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:16 pm

Crew rest is 1A

Answering an earlier question on the thread, crew rest is 1A. I don’t recall it being blocked until a day ago, though.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Sight unseen, I would think odd row F/L might be a tad closed vs even row A/D
Plus the odd L is a better window seat vs even row A.
Best bet is F/L+1. If I lean forward from 1F I can see the passenger in 2L. A+1/D works but is further. I’m solo on this flight, but I too can manage being several feet away from my husband for a few hours.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Can a parent and a 2yr10month year old travel together in business class on this config ?. It seems like there are no actual seats that are beside each other enough for a parent to watch over their child.

Am I wrong ?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Can a parent and a 2yr10month year old travel together in business class on this config ?. It seems like there are no actual seats that are beside each other enough for a parent to watch over their child.

Am I wrong ?
Depends.. the even A/D pairs you could definitely see your child, but I agree it's not really ideal. No matter what, they will still have aisle access.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:50 pm

iAd
IAD-HNL on 4/1/18 switched from old 2 class 763 to this config at T-46 or so. Only notified because I was moved from
oroginal seats. 40AB and 41AB showed up as standard E- sears so re-selected 21DF out of worry they might switch planes back.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Apologize if this is listed somewhere else...I looked and couldn't find. Has UA announced routes for the retrofitted 763s? Any chance they load these on EWR-VCE or EWR-FCO flights this summer?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gold23
Apologize if this is listed somewhere else...I looked and couldn't find. Has UA announced routes for the retrofitted 763s? Any chance they load these on EWR-VCE or EWR-FCO flights this summer?
UA has not yet dedicated the 763 V3 to any specific route. They have been floating among the routes that use the other 763s.

With essentially the same number of premium cabin seats and the same or more economy seats, the V3 can be swapped in without disruption. V2 and V3 are exact the same seat counts and V1 aircraft are declining as they are converted to V3.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA has not yet dedicated the 763 V3 to any specific route. They have been floating among the routes that use the other 763s.

With essentially the same number of premium cabin seats and the same or more economy seats, the V3 can be swapped in without disruption. V2 and V3 are exact the same seat counts and V1 aircraft are declining as they are converted to V3.
Thanks. I've reserved the middle seat in J on both of my flights this summer, but if the equipment is swapped I'd want to jump over to an odd window.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
7A is missing one window, so it can feel a little like you're walled in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.