Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To the non-rev in row 4.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by chavala
Disrespectful? To whom?? And who are the people respecting me more for dressing up? Complete and total strangers. Sorry, I'm snarky. But I honestly don't get it (and I am not young).
I do get it, you don't care about about others' opinion or comfort. I assume you would be fine if when you take your spouse out to a nice restaurant for a $300 anniversary dinner the next table is occupied by a couple who just walked in from doing yard work and thinks that eating with their fingers is just fine because that's how they do at McDonald's. After all, why should they care about you? Respect is a two-way street.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by chavala
Disrespectful? To whom?? And who are the people respecting me more for dressing up? Complete and total strangers. Sorry, I'm snarky. But I honestly don't get it (and I am not young).
Well - just as I want people to be showered so they don't offend my nose, I also think people should wear clothing that won't offend my eyes!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by zrs70
Well - just as I want people to be showered so they don't offend my nose, I also think people should wear clothing that won't offend my eyes!
What do you think about loud, multi-colored, striped socks?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This thread is not about dress codes while flying but rather about a DYKWIA NRSA incident. Let's return to that topic. What people wear while flying is a common TravelBuzz discussion, such as these recent threads,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l-flights.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lane-mean.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ess-codes.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ium-cabin.html

BTW, don't expect a consensus on appropriate dress while flying ....

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Topic Reminder

This thread is not about dress codes while flying but rather about a DYKWIA NRSA incident. Let's return to that topic. What people wear while flying is a common TravelBuzz discussion, such as these recent threads,
Except other than the OP saying that the alleged NRSA claimed to work for UA, we don't have any solid proof that he worked for UA or was actually a nonrev. People make claims like this all the time, not to mention DYKWIA Elites. I just see this thread staying open as a chance to continue the argument about nonrevs and whether people think they should be allowed in premium cabins.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
It was relaxed before then.
Incorrect. It was one of the first decisions Smisek made.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Incorrect. It was one of the first decisions Smisek made.
are you speaking to relaxing the sUA dress code or implementing a new one for the new UA?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by CALMSP
are you speaking to relaxing the sUA dress code or implementing a new one for the new UA?
the former. sUA dress code was relaxed to sCO standards almost immediately.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by tuolumne
the former. sUA dress code was relaxed to sCO standards almost immediately.
which was welcomed by my colleagues on the other side of the aisle!!
tuolumne likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.