Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United air miles award on Turkish airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Iberia, United

Booked my first award flight using United FF miles on Turkish Airlines for January/ February, Valencia to Colombo via Istanbul in business. Confirmation came through with UA Confirmation number and all looked well. Now when going on the United App I am down as wait listed for flights from and to Valencia.
Is this normal and if so when am I likely to find out if I have a confirmed flight. Turkish Airlines are still selling tickets for those segments I am wait listed for and have not been very helpful on the phone, saying basically just wait but not giving any idea as to how long this will take.
I am probably being nave but I should I have expected award travel across the alliance to be less problematic.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Log into the Turkish site with your PNR and see what reservation status it shows there
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Read the confirmation email from United again. Did it say your reservation is being processed or that the booking is confirmed? That probably matters.

If it says confirmed rather than processing you need to call United and press the issue. If it says processing you probably never really had a booking and are screwed, though you still would need to call United to see what is possible.

When you say they are still selling seats is that revenue or award seats? Revenue seats don't matter for an award booking.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA
A mod will probably move this to the UA forum. How long ago did you book the ticket? Sometimes it takes 24-48 hours for UA to confirm the ticket on partner flights.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ns-issues.html
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If the flights had looked OK for awhile but then went to waitlisted, this could be a schedule change. If so, call UA and ask for a ticket re-sync and that should clear up the situation.

This waitlist on schedule change is known issue of the app.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If the flights had looked OK for awhile but then went to waitlisted, this could be a schedule change. If so, call UA and ask for a ticket re-sync and that should clear up the situation.

This waitlist on schedule change is known issue of the app.
Can also pull up your reservation on UA.com and see the schedule change and accept it. That'll usually fix it too.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Can also pull up your reservation on UA.com and see the schedule change and accept it. That'll usually fix it too.
for TK flights? Usually not. Ticket will have to be re-issued most likely
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
I had a segment showing as waitlisted, but it was due to a change of flights and was confirmed. When they did the reticketing it showed up accurately online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.