Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why are United Club locations where they are and not other places - like SLC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are United Club locations where they are and not other places - like SLC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
a) You are looking at MSA population vs airport enplanements. Statistically significantly different. .....
BTS airport domestic enplanements 2015

Next refinement would be UA enplanements by airport
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I consider RDU a hole in the UC network. UA flies to IAD, ORD, SFO, DEN and EWR with mainline on a lot of those flights now. Furthermore, AC flies to YYZ. Lastly, US had a club here from 2012-2015 that AA closed and the location sits dormant. I think United opening a Club in the old US location makes sense.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

d) STL apparently local unions don't like United. Small market. Also---didn't Twister destroy the terminal?
I'm STL-based. I never heard of any union-related grumbling, but that's not to say there isn't any. STL has a large quantity of flights daily to all UA hubs (and AC to YYZ) but the vast majority are RJs. There would be a lot more pax flying UA here if they didn't treat STL like some remote outpost. DL & AA serve STL with mostly mainline aircraft. A UA Club (or at least a third party club in the A concourse) would help a lot.

Also FYI... all the twister damage has been repaired here in the 6 years since the storm. The A Concourse (which houses UA and DL) was never affected.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beer Me!
Also FYI... all the twister damage has been repaired here in the 6 years since the storm. The A Concourse (which houses UA and DL) was never affected.
Was the really 6 years ago?!?!? I remember flying out of MCI either that day or the day after and it seems like it was...well...way less than 6 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.