Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
With UC Membership
Originally Posted by 757FO
This is correct for both my airline (UA) and my finace's (AA). We can access the lounge, provided we have membership, but not in uniform.

Print Wikipost

Non Rev United Club Access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Not too many years ago, a UA employee told me they can join UC but can't enter when wearing their uniform. TIFWIW
This is correct for both my airline (UA) and my finace's (AA). We can access the lounge, provided we have membership, but not in uniform.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There was a time back in history when most airline rules said that employees could not join the clubs,......
-------
Well United definitely wasn't one of them. When I started with United (many years ago), I could have gotten the Lifetime Membership for less than $300. (yes, Lifetime).... I didn't take it and I've been grieving over declining that offer ever since.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 19, 2019 at 3:37 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM Hyatt Globalist (Lifetime) AA ExPlat (real), Lifetime UniClub (not from the 2MM).
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
-------
Well United definitely wasn't one of them. When I started with United (many years ago), I could have gotten the Lifetime Membership for less than $300. (yes, Lifetime).... I didn't take it and I've been grieving over declining that offer ever since.
Had a few friends at United who bought lifetime cards for $100. I got mine for $2,500 on the last day they were sold (31 Dec 1995), still angry I did not buy it when it was $400.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
United Primary Friend access to UC / *A lounges

My new partner is a 27 year United Flight Attendant Veteran and has added me as her Prmiary Friend for UA benefit flying next year.. As I have flown over two million miles with UA and as a current 1K member my question is would I still be able to use the UA International Lounge using such a pass? If so could I still take a guest?
Thanks and take care
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
AFAICT - *A policy is to allow (regardless of fare classes). But I never experience that before.

I would say don't fight it if not allowed.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
No - you won't have a boarding pass. You need a same day boarding pass to enter the club - you won't get your boarding pass until you are cleared at the gate shortly before the flight.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I would need a boarding pass to clear security so would have one even if it said standby?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Trappy
I would need a boarding pass to clear security?
You won't get a boarding pass - you'll get a standby pass to get you past TSA - it will look similar to a boarding pass but it is not a boarding pass.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
You won't get a boarding pass - you'll get a standby pass to get you past TSA - it will look similar to a boarding pass but it is not a boarding pass.
As I said I am asking about International Travel mainly from LHR, would the same apply? Also would they give you a boarding pass at check in if the flight was wide open?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:33 pm

As I said I asking about International Travel mainly from LHR, would the same apply? Also would they give you a boarding pass at check in if the flight was wide open?
No. You will clear as a standby at the gate. They will not issue you a boarding pass at check-in.

And I'll add - you'll be one of the last to clear standby, after revenue standby, employee standby, employee family members, retirees - then they'll get to you.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:38 pm

No. You will clear as a standby at the gate. They will not issue you a boarding pass at check-in.

And I'll add - you'll be one of the last to clear standby, after revenue standby, employee standby, employee family members, retirees - then they'll get to you.
My understanding from her is I will clear based on her 27 years serivce as Primary Friend, therefore at top of Emplyee standy and family, is this wrong? Appreciate your help
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

My understanding from her is I will clear based on her 27 years serivce as Primary Friend, therefore at top of Emplyee standy and family, is this wrong? Appreciate your help
Looks like you do

SA0V: Employees, retirees, and their accompanied pass riders if using VACATION passes;
Includes an unaccompanied spouse, domestic partner or primary friend* when using a vacation pass.

Regardless, it doesn't change the narrative of you will get your boarding pass at the gate when they clear the standby list
Old Dec 12, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My new partner is a 27 year United Flight Attendant Veteran and has added me as her Prmiary Friend for UA benefit flying next year.. As I have flown over two million miles with UA and as a current 1K member my question is would I still be able to use the UA International Lounge using such a pass? If so could I still take a guest?
Thanks and take care
Your 1K status and a genuine boarding pass is all that matters to get into the United Club with 1 guest. You need to get the boarding pass. I've seen United clearing NRSAs fairly early nowadays once the gate is staffed and if flight load light - might have to gently prod GA, mentioning you're a 1K on waitlist. No reason to board ASAP if load light, so may have time to enjoy lounge if they clear early and you wait until last minute to board. Just note distance/time from UC to gate and don't play it too close. And hope elevator doesn't malfunction while you're in it
Old Dec 12, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like you do

SA0V: Employees, retirees, and their accompanied pass riders if using VACATION passes;
Includes an unaccompanied spouse, domestic partner or primary friend* when using a vacation pass.

Regardless, it doesn't change the narrative of you will get your boarding pass at the gate when they clear the standby list
You'll clear as SAOV if using a vacation pass and traveling with your employee sponsor or SA3V if traveling alone on a vacation pass. If using a personal pass, you'll be at SA3P, meaning behind any active duty employees using a vacation (SA0V) or leisure (SA1P) pass or retirees using vacation passes. Years ago when I did a couple buddy pass flights, I was able to use my Star Gold (UA) card to access the United Club in LHR. However, this was an exception, it seems, since if you are traveling as a pass rider, you are not a status passenger. I tried it in LAX once and was denied. But this was years ago. You certainly do not have access to the Polaris Lounges. FWIW, I've found that you do have access to Lufthansa Lounges if listed for business class, even before your seat has been cleared...LHR T2 does have a LH club in the other pier. You'll have to report back how it works at the AC and SQ lounges...Good luck. Enjoy the pass. Wish I had one!
Old Dec 12, 2020, 1:04 pm

As I said I am asking about International Travel mainly from LHR
Also worth noting - the LHR UC is closed.

So clearing a list early is moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.