Non Rev United Club Access

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 20, 2:47 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
With UC Membership
Originally Posted by 757FO View Post
This is correct for both my airline (UA) and my finace's (AA). We can access the lounge, provided we have membership, but not in uniform.



Print Wikipost

Old Jun 11, 17, 8:35 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Non Rev United Club Access

Hello- I have a quick question for anybody that might be able to answer this..

I will be Non-revving (Standby) on United from Tokyo-Chicago. When I land in Chicago, I will have about an 8 hour layover. Will I be able to access a United lounge IF I have a Polaris first class ticket from my previous flight and a standby card for my next flight??

Thanks!!
Cammie101FLY is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:58 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Programs: MYOB
Posts: 1,107
Originally Posted by Cammie101FLY View Post
Hello- I have a quick question for anybody that might be able to answer this..

I will be Non-revving (Standby) on United from Tokyo-Chicago. When I land in Chicago, I will have about an 8 hour layover. Will I be able to access a United lounge IF I have a Polaris first class ticket from my previous flight and a standby card for my next flight??

Thanks!!
It sounds as though you are not an employee. I would recommend that you ask the employee that is sponsoring you.
xzh445 is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 9:02 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
I am a retiree
Cammie101FLY is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 9:17 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LAS
Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Posts: 214
Originally Posted by Cammie101FLY View Post
Will I be able to access a United lounge
NO !!!
MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED" is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 10:29 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Posts: 3,880
Nope. Nonrev F/J BP does not permit entry in UC. You can always buy a day pass.
sinoflyer is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 10:35 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Posts: 162
Or try the United Club Meet-Up Thread
kyte is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 10:52 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Posts: 12,348
This doesn't answer your question, but with eight hours on the ground… I would get an a train and go downtown and have a great day!
zrs70 is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 10:56 pm
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LAS
Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Posts: 214
From the United Club access rule book --- "Access is not allowed for customers with discounted industry, airline or staff travel tickets, unless specifically stated."
MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED" is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 11:01 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, there, and everywhere
Posts: 540
I'd suggest you visit the travel page on UA's employee website for a definitive answer to your question.
IFLYUA is offline  
Old Jun 11, 17, 11:16 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: LAS HNL
Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Posts: 4,479
Cammie101FLY

You are a retiree and you should know the rules. UA publishes the rules for employees and retired employees on a private website that you should have access to. [Edit by Moderator - see note below.]

The simple answer is no, you do not have access to the UC. Safe and happy travels.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 12, 17 at 8:05 am Reason: Overly-broad statement re ambit of FlyerTalk unwelcoming per FT Rule 12.
kettle1 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:26 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,322
[Deleted quote to conform to Moderator edits above.]

There are numerous responses on this thread that are either incorrect with respect to policy but most importantly the best source of information is UA itself. A retiree still has access to flyingtogether.ual.com (internal site) or can call the Pass benefits office.

FT is an open community....but its not the correct forum for discussing or asking questions about non-rev travel. Why? Because it feeds into the numerous threads claiming that non-revs were upgraded before "paying" customers, suggesting that non-revs should not get other amenities that customers seated in premium cabins get, and everything else in between.

I'm sorry it may seem harsh but what seems simple enough to post a thread asking 1) how open a flight its, 2) what are service charges, 3) can I do xx or zz......but people who choose to nonrev/pass travel really need to educate themselves with respect to the rules and policies. Otherwise we are certain to see a thread on FT talking about non-revs in FC or some news story about a passenger who felt they were discriminated against because a GA asked them to change out of hot-pants.

And to the OP, I'll send you a DM with respect to the "actual" policy regarding club access.
jspira likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 12, 17 at 8:09 am Reason: See note above.
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:57 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MBS/FNT/LAN
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Posts: 9,213
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
FT is an open community....but its not the correct forum for discussing or asking questions about non-rev travel. Why? Because it feeds into the numerous threads claiming that non-revs were upgraded before "paying" customers, suggesting that non-revs should not get other amenities that customers seated in premium cabins get, and everything else in between.

I'm sorry it may seem harsh but what seems simple enough to post a thread asking 1) how open a flight its, 2) what are service charges, 3) can I do xx or zz......but people who choose to nonrev/pass travel really need to educate themselves with respect to the rules and policies. Otherwise we are certain to see a thread on FT talking about non-revs in FC or some news story about a passenger who felt they were discriminated against because a GA asked them to change out of hot-pants.
+1

Question: I can't seem to find it. But do I remember a pmUA (many, many years) thread that had a story about a NRSA who lost or suspended pass travel for answering pass travel questions publicly?
jhayes_1780 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 17, 8:15 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Posts: 21,423
Tough crowd. You'll never see that guy again lol
enviroian is online now  
Old Jun 12, 17, 8:22 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,322
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
+1

Question: I can't seem to find it. But do I remember a pmUA (many, many years) thread that had a story about a NRSA who lost or suspended pass travel for answering pass travel questions publicly?
I don't recall seeing it but it wouldn't surprise me. I get the intent of asking questions from a travel community with the "thought" that they would be best suited to answer questions. But there are so many misconceptions about non-rev/pass travel as it is, even the most basic of questions are sure to end up as a debate as to whether UA prioritizes non-revs over customers or should offer upgrades internationally to MileagePlus Elites as a goodwill gesture in lieu of non-revs to show that UA values their business.

Flying as a non-rev really widened my perspective of traveling in general that I've since applied to all of my travels. Sure there are different levels of priority and I've had them all from top level corporate to regional affiliate(lucky to get a seat on the flight). But overall I've learned to lower my expectations (you plan to fly to South America in J only to get stuck in Y), plan alternate routings (need to get to AMS, but because its full you fly to BRU and take the train), and realize that airline personnel aren't "typically" responsible for causing your flight to be delayed, misconnect, cancelled etc.

Most importantly I've learned that if you want to get exactly what you want, sometimes being patient, trying to empathize with the employee, and not sweating the small stuff will surely end in a better result than screaming at an employee demanding they accommodate you because 1) you're Elite, 2) you spend $$'s on the airline each year, 3) they better do xyz or you will contact their supervisor, 4) they need to get you somewhere now because you have to be there.

So advice to any non-rev: lay low, plan alternates, and keep your expectations grounded.
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Sep 24, 17, 1:08 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PMD
Programs: UA*G, NW, AA. WR-G, HH, IHG, ALL. TT-GE.
Posts: 2,315
Can I guest into the UC an employee flying same day?

I'm UA*G flying TATL from a US hub. Can I guest someone into the UC on a same-day employee TPAC ticket?

I've looked over https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx but it still isn't clear to me. Employee restrictions (superscript number 2) appears only in the eligibility column but not the guest column.
HkCaGu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: