Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sept. 2016: Another passenger "ripped" from her Business Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sept. 2016: Another passenger "ripped" from her Business Seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:37 pm

How Often Does United Kick People Out of First & Business

I wonder how often United kicks people out of first & business class seats?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BF263533
Downgrade would be a better term than "kicks". Not often. I've been on 36 flights this year so far and have not seen it happen once so far.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Downgrade would be a better term than "kicks". Not often. I've been on 36 flights this year so far and have not seen it happen once so far.
Same here. A few dozen flights in int. J or F off the years. Never seen it.

I have been "kicked into" a TPAC J seat twice (op up). Once at the gate and once 30 mins into a flight. So if I ever get downgraded, I guess they would have picked the right guy. Not that I would like it...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by BF263533
Very rare. 50+ segments in F last year and I never experienced or observed firsthand a downgrade.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Once, on a domestic that had been upgraded with a cert, was bumped back to economy due to a broken seat. Got the cert back and $200. On a non-transcon domestic flight, it is not that big of a deal.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
Yeah, $500 + points for E+?!

Which would have been refunded FWIW with a buy up to C, albeit sometimes only after prodding UA.

Wouldn't be the first time an agent tried to police this and make the airline look bad if true.
What is the front line agent trying to accomplish by policing things like this? Isn't this WHQ's problem? Perhaps WHQ is quietly trying to squeeze a few bucks of incremental revenue while not trying to make a big deal out of it? Front line agents may have experience seeing customers, but they have a very localized view of things and lack the global view that folks at WHQ do have.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
So... any update to this story?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.