Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
mine from last week posted within 3 days.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I finally got a response and was told they should post in 7-10 business days. Almost not worth the trouble given there were $12 lunch runs.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:42 pm

MileagePlus Dining ? Targeted 5000 mile bonus?

I noted a blog article about MileagePlus Dining providing up to 5000 bonus miles to first-time members who sign-up using the special link and proceed to spend a certain dollar amount at their partner restaurants. It also came with free VIP status.

I signed-up through the link and dined at several of their listed restaurants. However, MileagePlus Dining is now saying it is an offer only for targeted people to whom they sent an email invitation. The terms/conditions do not say anything about it being a targeted offer, and when I signed-up with the link, it specifically provided the terms/conditions for VIP patrons.

I feel cheated since I am no longer a new enrollee and never received any sign-up bonus.

Do I have a legitimate case here?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Can I double dip with Yelp Cash Back (operator: Empyr)?

My card is registered with UA MileagePlus dining (operator: Rewards Network).
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I can't see why not. The trouble is when you're registered with the same operating program.

Rewards network does MP Dining, as well as AA, I think WN and also Upromise. I know I tried to register my card with UPromise, and it told me I was eligible for the in-store shopping cash back, but not with dining becaue it was already registered with a UPromise program. I removed the card from MP Dining, and a few days later, I was all good to set it up with UPromise dining program again.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Can I double dip with Yelp Cash Back (operator: Empyr)?

My card is registered with UA MileagePlus dining (operator: Rewards Network).
FYI, Empyr is the payment processor, so they may or may not actually operate Yelp Cash Back. Empyr is also the payment processor for Mogl, most other dining programs that aren't Rewards Network, and possibly Thanks Again (by Points.com/Points International). If you try a new program, and it won't let you add the card (and it will even tell you which conflicting program the card is already registered in), then you know that it's processed by Empyr and you can't double dip.

I tried to triple dip once, and was successful. There was a restaurant that participated in RN, was a participating "merchant" in Thanks Again, and showed up as a cash back dining location in Mogl. I dined, and the RN miles posted, the Mogl cash back posted, and my Thanks Again points posted as MOGL - <restaurant name>. That restaurant has since dropped out of the RN programs, but can still be found on the other two. I think TA let me double dip only because adding a card to TA is program side, and they don't check the validity with Empyr.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA - Premier Silver
United MileagePlus Dining is back! Free 500 + 3.5K bonus MP possible in first 30 days

Apologies if this has already been posted or doesn't belong here (I'm new and still figuring this all out), but thought it'd be helpful to some:

https://dining.mileageplus.com/

Sign up now, and you'll get 500 MileagePlus Miles immediately, and then up to another 1,000 bonus miles for first meal >$25 at participating restaurant, and another 500 for subsequent meals up to 2,500 within 30 days.

Online members get 3 pts/dollar when dining at these restaurants.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by cogitoergognome
Apologies if this has already been posted or doesn't belong here (I'm new and still figuring this all out), but thought it'd be helpful to some:

https://dining.mileageplus.com/

Sign up now, and you'll get 500 MileagePlus Miles immediately, and then up to another 1,000 bonus miles for first meal >$25 at participating restaurant, and another 500 for subsequent meals up to 2,500 within 30 days.

Online members get 3 pts/dollar when dining at these restaurants.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:14 pm

Hello,
Do you have to Dine-in the restaurant, can I order togo and still quality for bonuses? thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:19 pm

But those threads are a few years old? I hadn't seen anything recent about it being back with the new offer.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by cogitoergognome
But those threads are a few years old? I hadn't seen anything recent about it being back with the new offer.
FT is so active that if every new thread posted were allowed to remain, there would be dozens of new threads per day, and all the great information accumulated over the last several years would be buried. And indeed, as if to prove a point, the MP Dining offer you referenced is in fact nearly identical to the offers they've made numerous times in the past.

Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hello,
Do you have to Dine-in the restaurant, can I order togo and still quality for bonuses? thanks!
To-go orders count toward MP Dining as long as you pay the restaurant itself with an enrolled card. They don't count if you order from a third-party service.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:34 pm

Hello,
Never tried to go. I would imagine it should work since your registered credit card is charged. This is the easiest way to earn a few miles without flying.
Especially for those who do not fly on UA but would like to keep their miles alive every 18 months.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
FT is so active that if every new thread posted were allowed to remain, there would be dozens of new threads per day, and all the great information accumulated over the last several years would be buried. And indeed, as if to prove a point, the MP Dining offer you referenced is in fact nearly identical to the offers they've made numerous times in the past.

To-go orders count toward MP Dining as long as you pay the restaurant itself with an enrolled card. They don't count if you order from a third-party service.
Oh, I see. So the correct etiquette here would have been to just reply in one of those linked older threads, or this one, about the new (returned) offer instead of posting a new thread. Gotcha.

Sorry for the clutter -- still learning how to FT properly
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

If i order $10 worth of food and $20 gift card from the same restaurant for future use, will it qualify for min $25 spend? thanks!!!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:03 am

If i order $10 worth of food and $20 gift card from the same restaurant for future use, will it qualify for min $25 spend? thanks!!!
It should, as long as $30 is charged to your registered credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.