Community
Wiki Posts
Search

She stole my amenity kit!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Something similar happened a couple of years ago flying HNL-LAX. I had purchased a bag of macadamia nuts. The bag managed to fall under my seat. I was down on my knees searching for it. I finally asked the person behind me if he saw them. He reached into HIS carry on and produced it.

Did he think it was there from a previous flight?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
How shady.

ive certainly picked up an amenity kit a time or two that didn't belong to me but that is always after landing and walking off the plane (after the owner is long gone)
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Platinum
I wonder if it was the same woman that snatched my blanket on a Swiss flight last November
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by porciuscato
If it weren't for such posts, I would not have known about seat-poaching .
Can some one direct me to this thread? Did a search and couldn't find it!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by goalie
... my kit was sitting on my seat and my seat mate was "extremely busy" reading Hemispheres (and wouldn't even look at me for the entire 5 hour flight)
The Denver-the-guilty-dog-face pops up right away
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:47 am

Be careful next time...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
I would definitely have taken it right back out of the offenders carryon. If for no other reason than the principle.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: United, Turkish
If you stole DWs old UA amenity kit , you don't even want to know what you would find in it :-)
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by morelegroom
If you stole DWs old UA amenity kit , you don't even want to know what you would find in it :-)
Back in December, I witnessed a couple of people, possibly non-J pax, stealing some inaugural Polaris bears. The thought that entered my head was, "well, I know what the price of your honor is."

I bought my seatmate's from him for 2K Yen, and he was suspicious about why I wanted it.

Originally Posted by Chang11
Can some one direct me to this thread? Did a search and couldn't find it!
Here's one, there have been many over the years:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-poaching.html
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:53 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Related story: a couple of years ago, I was relegated to the front row of Y on an 3-class international flight. During takeoff, an amenity kit from J fell into the aisle and came sliding back down. I stopped it with my foot and put it on my armrest, and made eye contact with a flight attendant in J, in a sort of "Hey, come get this when you can get out of your seat."

Immediately after the FAs were allowed to get up, another FA comes by, sees the amenity kit on my armrest, and starts berating me for poaching amenity kits! This goes on for about 10 seconds, until the FA I'd made eye contact with managed to get there, shuts the other FA up, and takes the kit back to J.

I have to admit that, between the public service of stopping the sliding kit and the uncalled-for chewing out by the second FA, I was hoping for some sort of positive reward (e.g., a free drink, or at least an apology for the chewing-out), but it wasn't that sort of crew. The memory has stuck with me, though.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
That's... really weird. If I were the OP, I might've gone with zrs70's macadamia nut approach. Looked around for it where I know the perpetrator is, and then ask a few folks around there (including the woman) if they've seen my amenity kit sliding down the aisle, or if they saw anyone pick it up.

I mean, what if it were a wallet? You going to stash that in your bag too because "finders keepers" or something?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Obviously, you should have known better than to put the kit in a position where it would fall and slide. I'm sure if your ipad slide down the aisle, that passenger would snatched it too. You know the rules, whatever's in the aisle is fair game!

I have been known to swap pillows. I noticed some pillows are smooth and some feel like its full of cotton balls so I'll check my neighbors and swap if no one is there yet.

I'm surprised they ran out. I remember two occasions where I get to my seat and there is a kit. I usually never use the kits so the first thing I do is stuff it in my bag in the overhead. I'll sit down trying to find somewhere to put everything still in a jetlag daze and the FA will come over and hand be an amenity kit. Then at the end of the flight I go to stuff it in my bag and find I already have one.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:17 am

I don't care about amenity kits and would prefer to be offered the items individually so I can
pick or choose what I need. That said, I would have made sure that the perpetrator knew that I knew.

I usually board last when in J or F, but that has resulted in my seat amenities (pillows, blankets and water bottles) being pinched by people walking by en route to coach. My seat mate even told me that a child was dispatched from Y to take my blanket. The FA had another, so I let that misdemeanor stand.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Mickidon
I usually board last when in J or F, but that has resulted in my seat amenities (pillows, blankets and water bottles) being pinched by people walking by en route to coach. My seat mate even told me that a child was dispatched from Y to take my blanket. The FA had another, so I let that misdemeanor stand.
Another reason its good to have two boarding doors
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Does this mean I get to keep the wallet that fell on my head, as it tumbled out of the woman's bag as she placed it in the overhead bin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.