Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchase Miles (RDMs) sales / discounts / bonuses [Consolidated 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Purchase Miles (RDMs) sales / discounts / bonuses [Consolidated 2015]

Purchase Miles (RDMs) sales / discounts / bonuses [Consolidated 2016]

Alternative - Award / Premier Accelerator Purchase / Personal Miles is always available and is "easiest" method; however, even with one of the regular sales / discounts / bonus promotions, it generally is more expensive than Award Accelerator. Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles. And there is an annual limit of 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.

Award Accelerator is generally cheaper (2.0 to 2.6 cpm is typical) but the rate varies. There is no annual limit but the offered quantities (usually 2 offers) are fixed per itin and requires the purchaser to have an active reservation to get an offer. The quantity offer is loosely related to the mileage of the itinerary. The reservation can be cancel after purchasing the miles. See the above Accelerator threads for more.
Print Wikipost

Purchase Miles (RDMs) sales / discounts / bonuses [Consolidated 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ronlap
Comes out to .02/mile for 43,750 @$940.
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Unless something has changed recently, you can always get miles at 2 cents per mile with mileage accelerator.
+1
And this offer calculates out to 2.15 cpm, which is worse than buying through accelerator.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Cyber Monday miles sale

Got an email, up to 100% bonus miles if you purchase 20-75k.

With taxes, it's 1.88 cpm.

Not much of a sale but available through today.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Is anyone able to get the 2x bonus to appear in the 20K+ range? I can't seem to get it to work.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:37 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by wco81
Got an email, up to 100% bonus miles if you purchase 20-75k.

With taxes, it's 1.88 cpm.

Not much of a sale but available through today.
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Is anyone able to get the 2x bonus to appear in the 20K+ range? I can't seem to get it to work.
Ditto. Clicked on the "Buy Miles" button from a banner on https://buymiles.mileageplus.com/uni...g_page/#/en-US saying the Cyber Monday promo was extended, but even selecting 100,000 miles, it prices at $3,500 with no bonus miles added. ???
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat Lifetime, National Executive
UA Buy Miles offer

I couldn't find the answer here, so here's my question: Does it make economic sense to buy miles during the current year-end promotion that UA is offering? I don't fly very on UA very much anymore due to cost but have the Chase CC to keep my points active. If I were to purchase, I'd probably buy the 40K miles with 30K bonus for $1,400. It seems like a good deal to me since I think the 70K miles would cost me more than $1,400 in tickets.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zeigen
I couldn't find the answer here, so here's my question: Does it make economic sense to buy miles during the current year-end promotion that UA is offering? ....
Given these sales occur on a regular basis (see this thread for previous offers), and there is always the possibility of an award mileage chart change, it is only wise to buy if you have an immediate need. Stockpiling miles that can be devalued is always a downside risk.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Time to close out this 2017 thread and start the 2018 version
See Purchase Miles (RDMs) sales / discounts / bonuses [Consolidated 2018]

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 18, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.