Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mainline in BUR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
I'm booked/confirmed on the first A320 BUR-DEN flight on 2/17. Super excited about mainline coming back to BUR! I hope I can make the 58-minute connection at DEN to my LGA flight! :/

P.S. R0 RN0, CPU didn't clear at T-72hr. *crossing fingers*
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iapetus
May I propose a change in handle: MatthewBUR?
^
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I confirmed this morning that mainline agents are returning tomorrow. Both SkyWest and Mainline agents will be present. Was nice to take a E-175 to SFO today but I can't wait to be back on an A319 or 739!

More details here (link to my blog)
Looks like I'm off the hook for finding out these details when I'm there on 2/16. If I see any Mainline employees I'll report back.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

UA Staff Full Force

Seems to be lots of UA Staff here for the first mainline arrival from SFO (and first return).

Got two people wearing yellow vest that say manager on it. One guy in a suit with a walkie talkie. Two gate agents which are going over procedures (one seems like a UA employee directing one of the normal contract workers).

That's just people inside.

There are about twelve people outside between the ramp workers and fuel trucks.

After four people have been upgraded and first is checked in full, I'm number four on the list as a 1K. This is the mainline service I'm use to.

Last edited by JHake10; Feb 16, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JHake10
Seems to be lots of UA Staff here for the first mainline arrival from SFO (and first return).
Thanks for the report! I'll be flying the first BUR-DEN on mainline A320. The flight seems pretty full and I keep wondering how are they going to fit all the people in the tiny waiting area.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by foppishbum
Thanks for the report! I'll be flying the first BUR-DEN on mainline A320. The flight seems pretty full and I keep wondering how are they going to fit all the people in the tiny waiting area.
Normally flights are out of B1/B2/B3. However, this flight is out of B4. People lined up down the wall towards that gift shop.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
It's nice to see mainline come back, but as long as the CRJ-200s are now on the afternoon BUR-DEN instead of E175s, I won't be booking it. I'm also not a huge fan of the schedules as they are. I wish DEN-BUR left after 1pm and returned BUR-DEN with a 3pm departure. WN has pretty much the same schedules on BUR-DEN-BUR too.

Unless if the price difference is within $100 on either UA or WN or if I'm only going for a quick weekend, I'm probably going to still book LAX-DEN. At LAX, there are so many more options, better products on pretty much every carrier, better schedules, lower fares, and at least one decent place to get a cup of coffee for less than $6. I don't mind shlepping across town for that.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if Bob's Bench will return...?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Not even mainline can help the delay stats on this route. UA2381 6:10 PM departure and still sitting at the gate due to MX. Think I had two on time flights on this route in 2017.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Not even mainline can help the delay stats on this route. UA2381 6:10 PM departure and still sitting at the gate due to MX. Think I had two on time flights on this route in 2017.
I feel for you. I've avoided BUR for over a year now. Even the lousy drive down to LAX beats the rolling delay on this route. Good luck.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Well, that was fast. No mainline on BUR-SFO today at the normal ~6PM departure. Same for a week from today.

CRJ200 oversold and reps are asking for people to bring their rollerboards on the plane due to weight (I guess bags in cargo and onboard count differently due to weight distribution?). Surprise! None of these bags fit.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that was fast. No mainline on BUR-SFO today at the normal ~6PM departure. Same for a week from today.

CRJ200 oversold and reps are asking for people to bring their rollerboards on the plane due to weight (I guess bags in cargo and onboard count differently due to weight distribution?). Surprise! None of these bags fit.
What happened to mainline??
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
What happened to mainline??
I haven't been looking at SFO-BUR as closely, but the CRJ200s haven't gone anywhere on the DEN-BUR schedules. Mainline on DEN-BUR only replaced the E175 rotations. On the other hand, I also see some dates farther out that show both DEN-BUR flights being on E175s — who knows whether or not they'll stay that way.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: United 1.9MM
BUR is a great airport if you want to make $ by volunteering for a later flight. I just wish they had a United Club, although the waiting area is pretty mellow with unlimited free wifi.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dgdevil
BUR is a great airport if you want to make $ by volunteering for a later flight. I just wish they had a United Club, although the waiting area is pretty mellow with unlimited free wifi.
Yesterday they were offering a 250 voucher and transportation to LAX. I may have thought about it more if it weren't 5:30 PM and prime time rush hour.

One of these days I'll check out the new LAX UC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.