Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GVA--flying Polaris but told I cannot use Polaris/1K line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GVA--flying Polaris but told I cannot use Polaris/1K line

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Only time I've ever been stopped from boarding in the premier boarding lane was in Geneva, last year.

They agent stated "you cannot cut the line" (after looking at my BP). I was actually very embarrassed for a moment, regained my composure, and stated assertively "I'm flying United First", got a strange glance, and was allowed to board. Now that I write that, it sounds very DYKWIA, but I assure you that wasn't my intention at the time!

It *did* cross my mind that this sort of thing probably wouldn't happen in ZURICH.
You are right, most likely not in ZRH. GVA might as well be a different country. And BSL tries to split the difference....
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
This is why we need 100% mobile smartphone boarding passes with kiosks programmed to print out baggage tags, a place to drop off checked bags and move the stupid documents check process to airside for international flights.

The last thing I want to do is argue with a moronic check in agent who has no clue about the proper documents check, and holds back my boarding pass from me preventing me from going to the security line which is only getting longer.

Prior to security, I equate a great check in experience when I interact with ZERO airline employees. I remember flying from the US to London and back, both ways, mobile boarding pass, straight to security. First airline employee to meet was the Admirals Club check in agent.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
This is why we need 100% mobile smartphone boarding passes
Are you offering to purchase smartphones and roaming data plans for everyone?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
My number one pet peeve is German/Swiss employees who either are wrong or enforce the rules in a rude way.
Being German I can totally relate to that. Just came back and we were checking in in Amsterdam LH counter flying to Munich in Y. My partner and I are both 1K so walked up to the FC check in line. Agent says "Are you flying First" I tell her no we are Star Gold. She actually made me produce our cards - could have just pulled up the damn reservation as my number with Star Gold was I there. My friends whose first trip it was to Germany (the agent was German not Dutch) actually said "why was she so rude?". I responded she wasn't just German. Haha!!

She then proceded to spend about 15 minutes trying to add my husband's 1K number with no avail to his reservation. I kept telling her not to bother as it was an award ticket it really didn't matter but she wouldn't hear of it. Tried about 5 times on multiple ways before finally relenting.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Infrastructure shall include 100% wifi at all airport terminals too.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Infrastructure shall include 100% wifi at all airport terminals too.
And Airline Technology that always works correctly...

Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
This seems somehow appropriate from the boys at The Grand Tour:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.