Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by st530
On UA 5 a few days ago purser said definitively no more Grand Marnier (this despite the fact that it's still listed on the June menu). If true what sort of random bean-counting is this? Cutting one after-dinner drink off the menu while still leaving the other 3 (Amaretto, Bailey's, Courvoisier)? Very Jeff-era like. Two thumbs way down.
Grand Marnier on my HKG-SIN flight tonight.

I asked for Buffalo Trace and she said they don't carry that intra-Asia. Also said no Glenfarclas either. She said that GM will be carried intra-Asia.

Go figure.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
June EWR-PEK/PVG

June 23 EWR-PEK

Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
June 23 EWR-PEK

Normally those of us who pick 1 D/E 6D/E get the privilege of holding the drinks.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Normally those of us who pick 1 D/E 6D/E get the privilege of holding the drinks.
I preemptively put my pillows and blankets up there when I board
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
There is nothing wrong to self-serve the drinks unless you are in Korea.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Until turbulence hits and you're wiping 3 bottles of red wine off your pants. Why are the bottles put on a shelf in front of seated customers? They should be in the galley. Same with the snacks.

This placement of beverage and snack trays on the bulkhead shelves is just plain weird - it's not like people bring sleeping bags to their local McDonalds and park in front of the condiment dispensers - why does the same thing need to happen in Business Class?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:34 pm

No wine tasting

Originally Posted by st530
On UA 5 right now IAH-LHR. Identical menu as on IAH-EZE 8 days ago, right down to the wines. Way to mix it up regionally, UA ...
I recently took Polaris business class to and from Europe. Both ways the promised wine tasting wasn't available. They hand out the beverage list and its a lie. Only 1 of the 3 listed white wines was present on board. What kind of a tasting is that? When I .....ed to the FA, she retorted that it wasn't her fault and I should take my objections to customer service. It seems to me that United should be sued for false advertising for not delivering on their promises.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by nmstough
I recently took Polaris business class to and from Europe. Both ways the promised wine tasting wasn't available. They hand out the beverage list and its a lie. Only 1 of the 3 listed white wines was present on board. What kind of a tasting is that? When I .....ed to the FA, she retorted that it wasn't her fault and I should take my objections to customer service. It seems to me that United should be sued for false advertising for not delivering on their promises.
Except they clearly state 'we apologize if your first choice is unavailable'

What you are describing is the definition of a frivolous lawsuit "UA didn't have the wine I wanted so I want to sue them"
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Why didn't you just ask for the 3 white wines they had on board instead of fussing about what was on the menu?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:51 am

Talk about back to he future. United never could seem to board wines to match the menu so they simply deleted the wine list altogether and referred instead to a choice of new or old world wines! I have never been on another airline that couldn't manage to board wines to match the menu.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
United should be sued for a lot of things... even its former CEO was fired for corruption.

However, it isn't the cabin crews fault if they don't get everything they are supposed to because most likely they would be fired if they delayed the flight trying to get catering to bring every single item onboard because United's Supply Chain department doesn't know how to negotiate contracts with vendors and put severe penalties in place to ensure its caterers deliver adequate levels of service.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
It amazes me that good airlines can get fine wines onboard reliably, when such wines are in very short supply. Yet UA doesn't seem to be able to board mass-produced wine onboard with any consistency.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Until turbulence hits and you're wiping 3 bottles of red wine off your pants. Why are the bottles put on a shelf in front of seated customers? They should be in the galley. Same with the snacks.

This placement of beverage and snack trays on the bulkhead shelves is just plain weird - it's not like people bring sleeping bags to their local McDonalds and park in front of the condiment dispensers - why does the same thing need to happen in Business Class?
Is this common in the pre-merger CO? sUA seats don't have rooms to put service items on the bulkhead shelves. I have only observed this on the sCO 772s and post merger 787s.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Going from FRA or MUC in Polaris, how long does the flight have to be schedule for the menu to include the more substantial between meal hot snack availability?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Is this common in the pre-merger CO? sUA seats don't have rooms to put service items on the bulkhead shelves. I have only observed this on the sCO 772s and post merger 787s.
I've always seen beverages inside the galley to be served by crew, and the snacks were put on carts next to the exit doors - never in the passenger compartment, both with PMCO and post merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.