Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-do you have to order this in advance or can you do it when on the plane?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-do you have to order this in advance or can you do it when on the plane?
On the plane, when the FA comes around for your entre choice. It's just a re-arranging of what's available on the plane, not something specially-catered.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
When I do exec dining, if I'm awake they'll still ask if I want a sundae, but the plan is usually to be heading to sleep by then.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ozflier
So classic United.
Announce a major upgrade in food and wine and achieve it with Polaris .
Then six months later - its all downgraded !
this. Other than the hard product I saw no sign of Polaris. ORD- CDG. No sign of wine flights and what was on offer the dreck. Old style chow, bad service. As an added Service the water system was irrop so no water in the lavs and no coffee or tea. My salad was frozen and garbage. My omelette can cold and the purser retrieved it, saying new hire in the kitchen. This was actually a replacement plane as the original one had no or limited cabin power. Both 763s. Not a good night for UA. As an aside. Can we please have the linen napkins back! I hate the polyester mess were currently given. Lastly, another gripe about the paper ice cream bowls. A trip to IKEA could have solved it months ago.

we went to the Polaris event in Chicago and left saying all flash no substance and we were right.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA37
LAX-SIN

Boeing 787-9
Meal: Dinner, breakfast

My last UA flight of 2017 was also on UA's longest route. I flew SFO-SIN earlier this year, this flight is around the same in terms of service and just long time on a plane. Also trying UA's new 2nd longest route (IAH-SYD) next month.

I chose the curry shrimp as the main, tastes like the chicken udon curry but without the liquid. For breakfast, I chose the congee.

Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hirohito888
UA37
LAX-SIN

Boeing 787-9
Meal: Dinner, breakfast

My last UA flight of 2017 was also on UA's longest route. I flew SFO-SIN earlier this year, this flight is around the same in terms of service and just long time on a plane. Also trying UA's new 2nd longest route (IAH-SYD) next month.

I chose the curry shrimp as the main, tastes like the chicken udon curry but without the liquid. For breakfast, I chose the congee.

img
img
img

img
The paper cup sundae is back!

edit: reply to slightly old post

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
regarding the executive dining-do you have to order it before you board?

also are there any downsides to it?(do you miss any of the food service?)

thanks
I had my appetizer (the small piece of duck or salmon or the like) go missing once. I had gotten halfway through the entree before I noticed—and would have liked it—but decided it wasn't worth asking after. I had also asked to eat my ice cream first, so that might have thrown things off.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by correction
Searched but couldn’t find the 2018 thread... can someone link it?
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I couldn't find one either
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-business.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.