Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by j1j2j38
I had the french toast souffle SFO to ORD a couple weeks ago
Was it pre or post 9/1? As discussed upthread, a bunch of downgrades went into effect on 9/1, although I believe SFO/ORD would be long enough to still receive a more substantial breakfast like that. Could be wrong though.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
IME, all of the "new and improved" catering from 2-ish years ago seems to be gone including the quiche, souffle, etc
Yeah, the “new and improved” era lasted from early 2015 (When UA Express got meals) to about Spring of this year (when domestic flights got Polaris tableware)

Of course, like we saw in 2015, some of the old catering is still being produced but will likely be gone for a new rotation of options in a few months.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:29 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Food, hmmm...on my PHL-IAH flight today, 1295, they "forgot" to cater the air craft. So the food we got in F was a snack box and gummy bears; good times. Though I am sick of the burger anyway.

At least the captain gave the folks in the back free directv. This my second non-catered flight from PHL-IAH in a month (I fly the route weekly). Come on UA let's not make this a trend. ok rant over ;-)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Food, hmmm...on my PHL-IAH flight today, 1295, they "forgot" to cater the air craft. So the food we got in F was a snack box and gummy bears; good times. Though I am sick of the burger anyway.

At least the captain gave the folks in the back free directv. This my second non-catered flight from PHL-IAH in a month (I fly the route weekly). Come on UA let's not make this a trend. ok rant over ;-)
Weak sauce.
FlyingHoustonian likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian

Is PHL a catering station for UA?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Most likely, as I highly doubt that they'd double cater the other flights, especially the transcons out of PHL. It most likely would have been catered by LSG Sky Chefs, who, lately, have been atrocious with accuracy and punctuality regardless of station or airline served.

"Fun" fact - The snack boxes in the back are from LSG, even if the flight is catered in-house by Chelsea. LSG is the sole supplier of those snack boxes, and they can be custom tailored for each airline. The Tapas box is probably the most generic one.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 16, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Wow. I can't believe that UA is not offering a snack-like meal on transcon red-eyes. If true, that's a disappointment. You would expect at least a light breakfast before landing.

UA's catering has never been impressive, but no meal on a 5+ hour trip, regardless of departure time, is silly. UA serves dinner on the IAH-BOG/UIO (and the now-gone CCS) red-eyes. Those flights are in the 5-hour range and leave around midnight. People who want to eat, eat. People who want to sleep, sleep.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
September 15 SFO-IAH Lunch

jazzhou likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

September 15 IAH-FLL Dinner

Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

What part was "dinner?"
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hammer0425
What part was "dinner?"
Chicken salad
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Flew from Florida to Newark today and couldn't believe what constituted "lunch" under the post-9/1 changes. The only option left by the time the FA arrived at my seat was a cheese/crackers plate, which literally consisted of two crackers and three slices of cheese. The FA said many people have been complaining. Just a few weeks ago, you received a roll, "substantial" salad or sandwich, nuts, fruit, dessert, etc. on the same route.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goldelite8
Flew from Florida to Newark today and couldn't believe what constituted "lunch" under the post-9/1 changes. The only option left by the time the FA arrived at my seat was a cheese/crackers plate, which literally consisted of two crackers and three slices of cheese. The FA said many people have been complaining. Just a few weeks ago, you received a roll, "substantial" salad or sandwich, nuts, fruit, dessert, etc. on the same route.
Pretty bad...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hammer0425
What part was "dinner?"
I suspect UA_Flyer took the 'cold' option.

(In line with others, I can't say I appreciate this post-9/1 change.)
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
09/16 IAH->SFO Lunch

Shrimp Jambalaya - just say "NO"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.