Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nycityny
Thank you for confirming that the 9:45am flight indeed serves lunch. I prefer lunch service to breakfast as it's a more substantive meal.
10am is traditionally the breakfast/lunch changeover, but when in doubt always go by the meal code in the reservation system. Hard to say more than that.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
SFOSTL
A319
Dep: 0655
Breakfast

Oh the standard double catered breakfast....I can't complain because on one hand it is a healthier option than most of the standard breakfast entrees, but it would be nice to have something a bit more filling. It seems like a few more 70 seat segments have shown up (notably one of the IAD afternoon flights) so it will be interesting to see if UA re-evaluates their catering ops in STL at some point.

Last edited by qukslvr619; Jun 24, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
PHL-IAH, 6/23 1pm, 737-800 lunch

PDB, hot towel service, warm nuts. Choice between Jambalaya or Asian Noodle dish. Went with Jambalaya, very good overall, filling lunch. Great service overall!

- Tom
Attached Images   
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
LAS->ORD
Lunch

PDB
Hot Towel
Ramekin of Almonds and Cashews

Choice of Buffalo Mac and Cheese with Chicken
or
Cold Salmon Salad

Tasty lunch with good service. ^
Attached Images  
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
IAD-SEA
0825 departure
A320

Choice of fiesta omelet, cheese blintzes or cereal with fruit. Same old omelet but came with a much nicer fruit bowl and packet of cholula! Cookies served prior to landing.

Service was attentive and personable the whole 5.5 hours and purser even offered anything we wanted from the back later in the flight.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
IAD-SEA
0825 departure
A320

Choice of fiesta omelet, cheese blintzes or cereal with fruit...
Had the blintzes LAX-HNL the other day. Not bad. Went well with my Moscow Mule at 9am Moves into my number 2 favorite after French Toast Souffle.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
NAS-IAH
Departure: 2:25 PM
Lunch

PDB
Hot Towel
Choice of BBQ Brisket or some fish entree
Warm cookie for dessert

Service was excellent and the FAs walked through the aisle throughout the flight checking on beverage refills
Attached Images    
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:20 pm

BWI-SFO
Flight 753
Departure: 5:40am
Aircraft: 739
Meal: Breakfast, warm cookie before landing

Cheese blintzes, sausage patty, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and cinnamon roll

Chicken chorizo, eggs, and chili sauce, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and croissant

Not pictured: cereal option

Both pictured items were pretty good. The sausage patty was good alongside the sweetness of the blintzes, and the fruit was surprisingly sweet.

SFO-BWI
Flight 1153
Departure: 10:45pm
Aircraft: 739
Meal: Snack, warm scone before landing

I'm used to a hamburger on this flight, but this time there were two choices:

Pepperoni and sausage calzone, grapes, and a chocolate truffle

Salad with a filet of salmon, and a chocolate truffle

Not pictured: warm blueberry (?) scone

Both options were not bad for a late night departure. The grapes were sweet.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
NAS-IAH
Departure: 2:25 PM
Lunch

PDB
Hot Towel
Choice of BBQ Brisket or some fish entree
Warm cookie for dessert
That brisket looks really good. How was it?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by N104UA
My flight TPA-DEN two weeks ago had crew meals, it is quite often that they load them, especially with out and back flights where the duty time is long, and it is based on duty time.

They also don't pull from the business class meals they are separate meals, they quality just has to be business class or better.
This is what gets me. Why does the crew have to get "business class or better"?? You'd think they might be able to negotiate other contract terms more successfully if they slummed down a bit on this unnecessary, holier-than-thou requirement.

And I also wonder how well is enforced the guidance that customers select first "even pulling from crew meals" -- I can easily see a grumpy crew member telling an F passenger "sorry we're out of xxxx" in order to hoard for him/herself -- not unlike the practice that has been reported here of crew members "hoarding" the limited gel pillows for their own rest breaks.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
This is what gets me. Why does the crew have to get "business class or better"?? You'd think they might be able to negotiate other contract terms more successfully if they slummed down a bit on this unnecessary, holier-than-thou requirement.

And I also wonder how well is enforced the guidance that customers select first "even pulling from crew meals" -- I can easily see a grumpy crew member telling an F passenger "sorry we're out of xxxx" in order to hoard for him/herself -- not unlike the practice that has been reported here of crew members "hoarding" the limited gel pillows for their own rest breaks.
a little confused on your first paragraph, why shouldn't crew members get J style meals? This isn't something new, and the meals aren't the same as what is served to the pax.

And if the crew has to pull from their own meals to serve pax's why shouldn't they be able to keep what they like? Maybe they have a dietary restriction they are human after all!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
a little confused on your first paragraph, why shouldn't crew members get J style meals? This isn't something new, and the meals aren't the same as what is served to the pax.

And if the crew has to pull from their own meals to serve pax's why shouldn't they be able to keep what they like? Maybe they have a dietary restriction they are human after all!
They're welcome to get J style meals. I don't think it is necessary for them to be entitled to "...or better".

And if the guidance says to serve the customers first, pulling from crew meals if needed, then you serve the customers first and pull from crew meals if needed, the intention being (I believe) that the paying customer's preference takes priority.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
SEA-IAD
1305 departure
A320

Choice of:
Flatiron steak with chimichurri sauce, whipped sweet potatoes and cannellini beans
Lemongrass steak with jasmine rice and squash medley
Butternut squash pasta (forget what kind)

First course was a huge salad with two mozzarella balls and one olive served with a roll

Cookies served before landing
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
ORD-SFO
6:00am departure
B752

Choice of breakfast wrap or cheese blitz; chose the latter. It was rather good and quite fulfilling. Almost like a really thick pancake topped with berry sauce.

Not sure if this is common, but they didn't have a physical menu handed to us. FA just went down row by row and read out the options.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Oddly though, they didn't have a physical menu handed to us. FA just went down row by row and read out the options.
It's been a decade since United had printed domestic menus - p.s. aside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.