Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic First Class Experience Survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Domestic First Class Experience Survey

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I would think implementation might not be too simple, although I put the same on the regular surveys
Trivial to implement.
Originally Posted by findark
Alternatively just sign in with PNR.
This would work, too.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:15 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Trivial to implement.

This would work, too.
When I flew Turkish in J last year, internet is free for J class and all you needed was your seat number and last name and it logged you in. I'm sure United could implement some combination of assigned seat number and name or MP number.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I got the same survey, marked things like premium security and check-in very low since I get those anyway with pre-check and status but emphasized the basic wifi and storage space since overheads fill up so quickly on some planes.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC E
Lounge Access

I recently flew a long domestic on a PAID BUSINESS ticket, and learned that this would not get me into the United Lounge.

A couple months earlier I had learned that my Star Alliance Gold would not get me in either.

I did not get a survey. I personally think that a PAID business class ticket should get one into the airline lounge. I suppose an upgrade is earned so that should also, but really...
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lilpisher
What made it hard to fill out was that a number of the benefits are already included as elite benefits (e.g., Priority Boarding, Priority Security, Free Checked Bag) and it wasn't at all clear as to whether any of the benefits would be incremental to what we already get through status.
This got me as well. Much of what they ask if I'd value comes with my status, so I don't need it.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by seat38a
When I flew Turkish in J last year, internet is free for J class and all you needed was your seat number and last name and it logged you in. I'm sure United could implement some combination of assigned seat number and name or MP number.
Given that we see at least 3 letters of a last name and a seat number on upgrade lists, that's not gonna work.

I think MP signin is the way to go. You don't say F passengers get free wifi; instead, you say MileagePlus members seated in F get free basic wifi. Problem solved - if you're not a MP member, you don't get the wifi access.

Alternatively, they could put some access code cards (ala the old RCC ones) in the inflight bag for FAs to hand out to non-MP members. That seems cumbersome though.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by WhyWhyZed
I recently flew a long domestic on a PAID BUSINESS ticket, and learned that this would not get me into the United Lounge.

A couple months earlier I had learned that my Star Alliance Gold would not get me in either.

I did not get a survey. I personally think that a PAID business class ticket should get one into the airline lounge. I suppose an upgrade is earned so that should also, but really...
For domestic, only SFO/LAX-EWR and flights leaving the 50 states (e.g. GUM, SJU) get lounge access.

*G should get you access to any *G lounge (of which I believe all vanilla UCs are), assuming it's not MP that gave you *G.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Got it. Took it.
As others have said, I did not value Priority Boarding and Checked Bags at all, since I have those anyway. In the context of the questions, considering what I would value in an F cabin ticket, other items consistently would take priority (for MY purchasing decisions)
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Received the same survey and filled it out this evening.

I don't really value the Priority Check-in on domestic itineraries as I usually check-in using the app (and for the most part, don't check bags). I am currently a 1K but if I lost status and was still purchasing F tickets, I'd value Priority Boarding.

Complimentary WiFi would be nice. Consistent entertainment options would be great as well.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I completed the survey, and agree it is very long. I suggested UA offer a meal in domestic F on flights like RNO-DEN, 804 miles, 2 h 18 m., and not just a muffin and a banana.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by exerda

I think I put the free basic wifi fairly high up based on the number of times I picked it. The bits on priority boarding could have been better-written; I'd be all for boarding F ahead of Group 1, for example, but the option was always stuff like "priority boarding" with no detail.

Likewise, what the heck was all the "free checked bag" stuff about? F already gets that. Are they actually considering taking that away except as a credit card & elite benefit? Talk about nickel and diming...
I did the same thing, I think wi-fi was my top item in every comparison.

The premier check in was just weird. I never check a bag for a domestic flight, and even then I would probably check in online and just drop my bag. That was my lowest mark every time.

I have to say, surveys like this worry me. While there have been a few exceptions, I'm concerned about take aways. Wifi was the only real possible add, anything else surveyed would probably result in a take away.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:27 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Received and filled it out last night. I agree that the top request is that F gets free basic Wi-Fi.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Once I saw how long this thing was, I quit. If they can't design a less tedious survey, it's not likely they'll do much with the results.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by dulcamara
Once I saw how long this thing was, I quit. If they can't design a less tedious survey, it's not likely they'll do much with the results.
They do set expectations - "Because you have flown in United FirstŪ in the past, we'd like to hear your thoughts about our premium service. Please take this 15-minute survey to share your feedback."
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I initially looked at the length and passed. After seeing the comments here (and sitting home with time to expend) I filled it out. First thoughts, they have their work cut out for them. With reviews coming from no status, status, infrequent flyers, road warriors, ect. I did find the one you like / dislike difficult. As a 1K MM'er and have membership to the UC most of these questions were moot. I mean how do you rank desirability amenities that you already have? That said I have completed it and I hope that UA management under Oscar continues to improve service. On the question (paraphrased)what will a new product do to your purchasing manner? I specifically rerouted a trip in December to tryout the Polaris product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.