Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic First Class Experience Survey

Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

Just got and finished the United First experience survey. Anyone else get one of those yet? Many of the questions that were asked regarding priority boarding, free lounge access, free basic internet, pre ordering of meals hopefully makes it into their their "to do" improvement list!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 18, 2016 at 2:40 pm Reason: title updated per OP request
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I received one and completed it. Quite a lengthy survey.

Last edited by limey1K; Nov 18, 2016 at 2:45 pm Reason: Added detail
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
free basic wifi (limited bandwidth) should be given to F cabin pax, as well as GS/1K in Y. i always write that in surveys.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by riphamilton
free basic wifi (limited bandwidth) should be given to F cabin pax, as well as GS/1K in Y. i always write that in surveys.
I would think implementation might not be too simple, although I put the same on the regular surveys
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also completed it. Very long, but one of those which threw various combinations of binary "pick one you like and one you don't" from multiple options, which then repeated in different combinations screen after screen.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by milepig
I also completed it. Very long, but one of those which threw various combinations of binary "pick one you like and one you don't" from multiple options, which then repeated in different combinations screen after screen.
It felt like taking one of those MBTI tests.

Nothing really that revealing in there as to their thinking for future products or features.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by milepig
Got it. Finished it. Long and as described above.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
What made it hard to fill out was that a number of the benefits are already included as elite benefits (e.g., Priority Boarding, Priority Security, Free Checked Bag) and it wasn't at all clear as to whether any of the benefits would be incremental to what we already get through status.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:25 pm

I'm under the impression that, since the merger, majority of F pax are non-elites so makes sense for UA to assume survey respondents don't have those benefits.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Took forever, very repetitive.

Originally Posted by lilpisher
What made it hard to fill out was that a number of the benefits are already included as elite benefits (e.g., Priority Boarding, Priority Security, Free Checked Bag) and it wasn't at all clear as to whether any of the benefits would be incremental to what we already get through status.
Yes this gave me trouble too.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

I would think implementation might not be too simple, although I put the same on the regular surveys
If you restricted to F/1K/GS who are also MP members, should be easy. You can already sign in on the wifi.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by lilpisher
I had the same issue. Since I have global entry, priority security really does nothing for me at all.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
If you restricted to F/1K/GS who are also MP members, should be easy. You can already sign in on the wifi.
Yeah, but it's the non-Premiers in F. How do enable them?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yeah, but it's the non-Premiers in F. How do enable them?
I said MP members, not Premiers. Don't think it's completely unreasonable to ask pax to sign up for MP to get free wifi in F. Yes, perhaps a little gimmicky, but it seems like a win for UA and not an unreasonable burden.

Alternatively just sign in with PNR.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:02 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Yes, I did one of these surveys a week or two ago. They seemed to be trying out a bunch of different options to go with F purchases.

I think I put the free basic wifi fairly high up based on the number of times I picked it. The bits on priority boarding could have been better-written; I'd be all for boarding F ahead of Group 1, for example, but the option was always stuff like "priority boarding" with no detail.

Likewise, what the heck was all the "free checked bag" stuff about? F already gets that. Are they actually considering taking that away except as a credit card & elite benefit? Talk about nickel and diming...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.