Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA has announced that the SFO Polaris lounge is opening 30 April 2018

Summary
The International UC is closed for renovation to a Polaris Club. The SQ & BR lounges have been closed and will be integrated into the new facility. Polaris lounge open 30 April 2018.
SFO Polaris Lounge opens 30 April 2018 (Previews - Press 25th, MP 27th)

The old GFL (near G99) has been converted into a premium cabin international lounge (not an UC). Eventually, it will be converted into a UC for the non-premium cabin international passengers (*G in economy). Now operating as an United Club

The F and E concourse UCs plus again the temporary mezzanine UC lounge (across from Gate 71) are options for those not eligible for the temporary G premium cabin international lounge.

sign

Previous Updates

1 Oct 2017 on united.com
On October 1, the United Club location in the International Terminal will be closed to launch its transition into a United Polaris lounge. An additional United Club location will open across from Gate 71A on the mezzanine level at the end of September. Customers departing out of the International Terminal should allow 10-15 minutes to walk to their gate from the United Club location in Gate 71A or Concourse F.
posted 23 Sept 2017
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Bummer - was just in GF lounge and was told that in two weeks it will be a United Club - no showers, no open bar, etc. Was also told that "Polaris" is just a marketing term and that until the actual Polaris lounge opens in 8 months, it's United Clubs for everyone. .....
posted 28 Sept 2017
Originally Posted by geclub1
EVA just sent out an email announcement that its SFO lounge is closed as of 1OCT17.
Originally Posted by findark
.... in the F club at SFO right now and there are signs announcing that the G club will close (entirely!) as of 01-Oct-17 for Polaris renovations. Possibly replaced by the decommissioned GFL?
Closure of San Francisco SilverKris Lounge for renovations

The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in San Francisco will be closed for renovations starting from 01 October 2017. As part of the renovations, Singapore Airlines will begin a transition to a newly constructed, shared lounge facility operated by our Star Alliance partner, United Airlines. It is scheduled to open in early 2018.
Earlier thread summary
Summary of posts suggest the present SFO Global First Lounge will be available for much of first half of 2017. Reports are that the current Global First Lounge will become a "regular" UC, while the current international (G Terminal) UC will become a Polaris club (which will integrate the space currently housing the SQ & BR lounges). UA is also constructing a new UC, either in Terminal G or E (or both). Construction has begun in the G Terminal United Club, a large portion of which is now boarded off. Latest info from UA suggests "summer 2018" for the SFO Polaris lounge opening.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread) --- UA Polaris lounge update site
Polaris lounge ORD - opened 01 Dec 2016 (wiki) (thread)
SFO Lounge changes? Which will become Polaris? Shower options?(wiki) (thread)
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Print Wikipost

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Mistaken or Lying Agent.

Some use Misinformed for the M
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I believe it's:

Misinformed Or Lying Agent

Edit: I was close
thank you. I will file MOLA alongside HUCA!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Mistaken or Lying Agent.

Some use Misinformed for the M
Yes ..... always confident, often wrong!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Weak, I mean there's still only ONE polaris lounge! How can you screw that up?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Leaving on international flight this Sunday and haven't been there since prior to the holidays but is the old GFL (near G99) lounge still ridiculously crowded? Previous reports had stated that it was and I had been going to the Amex Plat club (which was pretty busy as well) or more typically just arriving at SFO in time to board.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
What are the rules for the SFO GFL Intl Premium Class Lounge regarding guesting? I'm a 1k and I'll be flying C... Will I be allowed to guest anybody in? Or can I only guest somebody into one of the UC's?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
No guests.
G club now has a sign saying Polaris in summer.Have a pic but mobile upload isn't working for me..
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
No guests.
G club now has a sign saying summer.
Do they say which summer?
Starman and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Ok, thanks for verifying guest rules. Guess I won't be posting availability to guest one in!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by transportprof
Do they say which summer?
They actually did. “Arriving Summer 2018”
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks

They actually did. “Arriving Summer 2018”
So then the opening date is set. September 21, 2018!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Geez, leaving Tuesday on J to SYD and would have thought it would have been ready by now.

I also have an award in June to SIN. It probably won't be ready then either.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I'm in the former SFO GFL currently. 1330 - so the crowds have dissipated. The FRA flight has departed. I'm on SFO-TPE. Currently 50 minutes delay. (Is this flight ever on time?) Having another glass of Moet Imperial. They have run out of champagne glasses, so using a beer glass. No showers.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Flying LH business in about a month. Do I get to use the G premium class lounge, or is that for UA metal flights only?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by blueman2
Flying LH business in about a month. Do I get to use the G premium class lounge, or is that for UA metal flights only?
LH business qualifies.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Flying out of SFO on UA metal in J. What’s the consensus on best club? GF Lounge in international for *A J pax?? United club in mezzanine? Not sure if I can acces the club in Terminal E. Also have PP so can accesss the AF-KL lounge, is that a better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.