Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Made 1K, Do I have to update reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA

Hi,

Does the upgrade system recognize my new 1K status for reservations made while at a lower status?

I told my coworker that I made 1K and she said I need to update my existing reservations because the system only recognizes my new status at reservation time?

Do that make sense? I was 1K 2 of last 3 years and didn't notice that.

However, lately my Upgrade position has been aprox 25th, but I was premier exec when I made those reservations.
I know I have a whole new ballgame of following upgrades now, and likely will miss out more than not.

Last edited by goalie; Nov 4, 2016 at 5:14 pm Reason: amended incorrect status reference
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:30 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I think you need to call reservations and ask them to remove, then add back your MP #. Then it will register correctly updated.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
An existing reservation that is still "CPU eligible" (not "CPU requested") should get the new status automatically. You need to re-do OCLI if you are checked in to get the higher priority. If a res is already "CPU requested" I would call and check on it.

Applied instruments may need to be re-applied. I think everything else is automatic?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My very recent experience suggests that things will automatically work the way they should. I was promoted from Platinum to 1K two weeks ago, and on the first two flights I took after being 1K, my CPU cleared at T-96 instead of T-72, implying that the upgrade system recognized me as being a 1K even though I'd been a Platinum when the tickets were bought.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TA
I think you need to call reservations and ask them to remove, then add back your MP #. Then it will register correctly updated.
Years ago (more like a decade) you needed to do that, but generally not needed nowadays. May take a few days to peculate thru the systems.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
As recent as late 2014, I have seen that reservations require update (MP remove/readd, or other method) to reflect a status update. I wouldn't rely on things running smoothly on their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.