Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

T-24 check-in available seat map doesn't match flight status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Several times over the course of the last year (my first year flying regularly for business), I've noted the T-24 seat map on checkin has different seat availability than the one available via the flight status widget or the "change seat" interface prior to check-in. The differences persist even after check-in is open.

What are the reasons that might be the case? I am a Silver now, but I noticed these differences prior to that happening, so it doesn't seem to be a status thing.

For example, I'm on UA2042 (DCA--SFO) tomorrow, which is a 757-300. At the time I write this, if I look at the flight status widget 23A is open but 23BC are blocked. If I try to change seats, 23ABC are all available for me to take (these are all E- seats, so presumably not blocked for elites or something). A similar thing happened with 8DEF, where 8F was available, but 8DE were available when I checked-in. 8DE makes more sense as a block for people with disabilities or an infant, but why row 23?

On the previous occasions I've seen things like this, it has tended to be E- seats that were blocked and then opened at checkin.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Looks like 23BC and 25BC on the 753 are blocked for assignment, as you note. Not really sure why those seats (as you note, the standard 8DE block makes more sense).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.